Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-14-2021, 07:26 PM   #1191
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
This is not the ultimate predator statue most of us thought it would be. There will be a better one Python. Eventually. If I were in your position, I would acquire a refund and hold out for the future.

I'd still like to pick up this piece and have it repainted by a professional, but it's low on my list now.
You're probably right, I think there will always be another Jungle Hunter in this hobby. I'm not sure who will better this currently unless ECC get the licence, but I have no doubt that some will try. I don't think I'm fully ready to give up on this just yet, but I'm also not paying $3k for it when I already have the SWS sat here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
In case you fellas (and others) haven't taken this into consideration, with the way the USD exchange rates are plummeting, you may save some money by cancelling, getting your money back, and re-ordering when things calm down.

Exchange rates are impossible to predict, but there's a definite trend right now against the $US dollar, and in favour of $Canadian and £GBP et-al.

Just a thought.

That's a good point...
Python is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:10 PM   #1192
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Kind of glad I cancelled now it's a worry when lot's of ppl cancel that it hits the company hard and they may not be able to refund everyone as seen with PCS a couple of yrs ago ...I feel sorry for everyone that wanted this the prototype was epic...I only have P1 Sauron now and ECC Paleman and even Paleman hasn't been what it could of been from reviews though it's limited having to repaint expensive pieces is a no go for me so I'm considering just getting out fully and buying a Sony 8k tv for PS5 lol.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:10 AM   #1193
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Kind of glad I cancelled now it's a worry when lot's of ppl cancel that it hits the company hard and they may not be able to refund everyone as seen with PCS a couple of yrs ago ...I feel sorry for everyone that wanted this the prototype was epic...I only have P1 Sauron now and ECC Paleman and even Paleman hasn't been what it could of been from reviews though it's limited having to repaint expensive pieces is a no go for me so I'm considering just getting out fully and buying a Sony 8k tv for PS5 lol.
No need to worry about that - PRIME1 are big enough to survive a little hiccup like this.

Most people realise the shipping thing isn't all their fault . . . they should have been better with communicating the issue, and finding ECONOMY shipping rates for people not in the USA . . . but shipping costs from Japan are what they are right now.

I think this still looks great based on the in-hand pics shared, and would have bought (eventually) if their "Customer Service" were more competent.

The company will be around a LONG time given their approach to art-direction, sculpts and QC . . . but for GOODNESS sake PRIME1 . . . get your "Customer Service" department and your communication better organised!

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 02:55 AM   #1194
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
No need to worry about that - PRIME1 are big enough to survive a little hiccup like this.

Most people realise the shipping thing isn't all their fault . . . they should have been better with communicating the issue, and finding ECONOMY shipping rates for people not in the USA . . . but shipping costs from Japan are what they are right now.

I think this still looks great based on the in-hand pics shared, and would have bought (eventually) if their "Customer Service" were more competent.

The company will be around a LONG time given their approach to art-direction, sculpts and QC . . . but for GOODNESS sake PRIME1 . . . get your "Customer Service" department and your communication better organised!

Yeah, pretty much. Although, don't they manufacture in, and ship from China like pretty much everybody else? I always thought Prime 1 were a little like the Superdry brand, using all of the Japanese imagery etc without actually operating there? Or am I entirely wrong here?
Old 05-15-2021, 03:12 AM   #1195
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Yeah, pretty much. Although, don't they manufacture in, and ship from China like pretty much everybody else? I always thought Prime 1 were a little like the Superdry brand, using all of the Japanese imagery etc without actually operating there? Or am I entirely wrong here?
I don't know what japenese imagry they use, but yes they manufacture in China like practically everyone else.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:07 AM   #1196
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I don't know what japenese imagry they use, but yes they manufacture in China like practically everyone else.
Maybe I worded it poorly, I didn't necessarily mean literal imagery Although my other example definitely went in that direction. But Prime 1 are often refereed to as being Japanese and I think a lot of customers assume that they produce all of their statues there. It's understandable that they'd go along with this as Japan has a reputation for quality and detail in many sectors.
Old 05-15-2021, 07:17 AM   #1197
Halcyon
New Republic

Still think this will be awesome in person. Bcs those pictures released before the Leo Leung ones where better viewable.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pred1_T2.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	599.1 KB
ID:	139398   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pred1_heads.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	456.7 KB
ID:	139399   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pred1_heads2.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	139400  
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:34 AM   #1198
Python
Omega Red

I think that's the best picture I've seen of it. And it looks good...
Old 05-15-2021, 08:46 AM   #1199
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
In case you fellas (and others) haven't taken this into consideration, with the way the USD exchange rates are plummeting, you may save some money by cancelling, getting your money back, and re-ordering when things calm down.

Exchange rates are impossible to predict, but there's a definite trend right now against the $US dollar, and in favour of $Canadian and £GBP et-al.

Just a thought.
It's a good thought. I probably should do that. I still hope to get this statue though. I love it.

I don't want to mess things up with the order too much at this point over a few bucks.

I'm going to hold out for the hope that shipping can come down a bit.
GaryTonge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:53 AM   #1200
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

I think if you can look past & erase the memory of what the prototype looked liked from the mind, at the end of the day, it's still an awesome looking Predator statue.

If they would of advertised it for what it is, people wouldn't of probably gave it so much blowback. (me included personally)
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote