Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-15-2021, 02:36 PM   #1201
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
I think if you can look past & erase the memory of what the prototype looked liked from the mind, at the end of the day, it's still an awesome looking Predator statue.
I'd agree with this if the JH cost as much as the CH.
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 04:56 PM   #1202
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
I'd agree with this if the JH cost as much as the CH.
I agree, I had said before, it should of been $200-$250 USD cheaper. It realistically couldn't be quite as cheap as the City Hunter, because of all the extra accessories it comes with in comparison.

I would of been a lot happier to pay 14.5 - 15, instead of 17 for the DX, but it's over & done with now. I'm not getting bent over a barrel on the shipping price, so I guess I should consider myself lucky?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:30 PM   #1203
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
I agree, I had said before, it should of been $200-$250 USD cheaper. It realistically couldn't be quite as cheap as the City Hunter, because of all the extra accessories it comes with in comparison.

I would of been a lot happier to pay 14.5 - 15, instead of 17 for the DX, but it's over & done with now. I'm not getting bent over a barrel on the shipping price, so I guess I should consider myself lucky?
I'd say so. I have to wrestle with whether or not I'm willing to pay over $800 USD to ship this to me.

If I had the option to pay the same as Americans for economy shipping, I'd do it without hesitation.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 07:51 PM   #1204
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
I'd say so. I have to wrestle with whether or not I'm willing to pay over $800 USD to ship this to me.

If I had the option to pay the same as Americans for economy shipping, I'd do it without hesitation.
I had considered getting one of my American buds to take delivery and then arrange to pick it up some time in the future - but the logistics were going to get complex.

IF I was still getting the 5 PRIME1 statues I'd originally been eyeing AND it looked like the shipping prices were not coming down for Canada, I'd have likely set up an account with the mailing receivers in Point Roberts - a spit of land that is part of the States even though it's attached to Canadian soil - https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Poi...4d-123.0568693 - it's about an hours drive each way for me.

Things I no longer need to worry about (clouds, silver lining etc.)

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 08:31 PM   #1205
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think that's the best picture I've seen of it. And it looks good...
I concur! I don't know what the -----ing is about? Can't wait to get mine.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 09:08 PM   #1206
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:

Just out of curiosity, what would Sideshow charge you for shipping a similar sized box/boxes to the UK?
Old 05-15-2021, 09:20 PM   #1207
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Just out of curiosity, what would Sideshow charge you for shipping a similar sized box/boxes to the UK?
No idea. I'm Canadian. I'd guess around $300-$500 USD. On average, I typically pay $400Cad to get any XM product from Singapore.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:25 PM   #1208
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyMetalSpike View Post
I had considered getting one of my American buds to take delivery and then arrange to pick it up some time in the future - but the logistics were going to get complex.

IF I was still getting the 5 PRIME1 statues I'd originally been eyeing AND it looked like the shipping prices were not coming down for Canada, I'd have likely set up an account with the mailing receivers in Point Roberts - a spit of land that is part of the States even though it's attached to Canadian soil - https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Poi...4d-123.0568693 - it's about an hours drive each way for me.

Things I no longer need to worry about (clouds, silver lining etc.)

I have a buddy in Whiterock, but it gets too complicated. He still have to ship it to me in Edmonton.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:42 PM   #1209
VILE GUILE
The X-Men

Quote:
No idea. I'm Canadian. I'd guess around $300-$500 USD. On average, I typically pay $400Cad to get any XM product from Singapore.
Oh, my mistake. Had you mixed up with someone else. So around 1/2 the shipping cost from the US (Sideshow) to Canada, oppose to $800 from China to Canada.

Sideshow really needed to sell this JH on their site. They sell other Prime 1 stuff. (Predator/Alien) Maybe if it doesn't sell as well directly from Prime 1, you'll see them eventually pop up on SS site? It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened.
Old 05-15-2021, 09:53 PM   #1210
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Oh, my mistake. Had you mixed up with someone else. So around 1/2 the shipping cost from the US (Sideshow) to Canada, oppose to $800 from China to Canada.

Sideshow really needed to sell this JH on their site. They sell other Prime 1 stuff. (Predator/Alien) Maybe if it doesn't sell as well directly from Prime 1, you'll see them eventually pop up on SS site? It's a long shot, but stranger things have happened.
The "someone else" may well be Python (Matt) - great guy - go back a page . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I think that's the best picture I've seen of it. And it looks good...
As regards Sideshow and PRIME1 - I've never seen anyone share what the issues were that caused them to minimise business dealings, but given communication I've had with each sides Customer Service, I bet exchanges were fraught with challenges

Also wouldn't help me - I'm as frustrated with Sideshow as I am PRIME1 - plus I wanted EX's of everything which they wouldn't get anyways (based on past releases).

Would admittedly help a lot of other folks though - so hope things change for THEIR sakes.

Alternatively - PRIME1 can get their "Customer Service" dept to start functioning as well as their art-direction, sculpting and marketing depts!

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote