Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-25-2021, 08:05 AM   #1301
MASTERSAFARA
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post

The black spots should be closer together so the line between the sides is thinner and more narrow. The black spots should also be much thick/wider and form an arrowhead shape.
MASTERSAFARA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:14 AM   #1302
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
No, you are confusing QC with poor/incorrect design decisions.
Yeah I see your point I just think too they can be categorized as QC flops because it should’ve never got past that stage. You fix stuff like that before it goes into production in my opinion. It’s like the first stage of QC. Think of it like fine tuning the prototype to say this is exactly what we want the production pieces to look like. The second or final stage in my mind would be making sure the production pieces meet the standards or close enough set by the prototype and the main objective at the point would be to inspect for breakages or major flaws before they get boxed up and shipped out. The helmet the quills the paint apps are all a part of that first stage of QC on the prototype that will end up transferring over to the production pieces.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #1303
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERSAFARA View Post
Yeah I see your point I just think too they can be categorized as QC flops because it should’ve never got past that stage. You fix stuff like that before it goes into production in my opinion. It’s like the first stage of QC. Think of it like fine tuning the prototype to say this is exactly what we want the production pieces to look like. The second or final stage in my mind would be making sure the production pieces meet the standards or close enough set by the prototype and the main objective at the point would be to inspect for breakages or major flaws before they get boxed up and shipped out. The helmet the quills the paint apps are all a part of that first stage of QC on the prototype that will end up transferring over to the production pieces.
It may be different depending on the product, but I equate QC (Quality Control) as final check/test at release of product. Everything you are mentioning is Design Control, IME. Regardless of terminology though, I agree with the concepts.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:20 AM   #1304
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Got my tracking number. Shipping with DHL. Should be here in a few days, depending on whether customs decides to hold on to it.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:41 AM   #1305
GaryTonge
Kingpin

It looks like the prototype had the same design/pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pmdhpr-03_a13_head.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	139708  
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:44 AM   #1306
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
It may be different depending on the product, but I equate QC (Quality Control) as final check/test at release of product. Everything you are mentioning is Design Control, IME. Regardless of terminology though, I agree with the concepts.
Design control that makes sense. Guess I was just thinking like an ignorant consumer.
Old 05-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #1307
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
That's what I don't get... how hard is it to find a reference image?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	191525696_960950904718411_4400440817381801470_n.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	139709   Click image for larger version

Name:	191342804_1468228590190025_1251916122061732423_n.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	240.0 KB
ID:	139710   Click image for larger version

Name:	191026312_943509253117577_3209349630509025488_n.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	217.2 KB
ID:	139711  
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 08:47 AM   #1308
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Yeah admittedly it’s stuff I didn’t look that closely at before ordering. Now we’re all up in arms. I’m thinking I’ll likely be displaying this with either masked portrait most of the time anyways. And I’m already thinking about sending the unmasked portraits out for a professional repaint at some point.
Old 05-25-2021, 09:04 AM   #1309
Dundee
Hydra

Could it actually be that the comic JH had different patterns on its head compared to the movie JH? (I've never read the comics so don't know what the JH pred looked like in it).

I ask this because the prototype of the 1/3 JH seems to have the correct spotting pattern. Whereas it is absent for the 1/4. Doesn't make sense for P1 to get it right on one and wrong on the other unless they did use reference from the comic and the comic JH head spots differed from the movie one. Or did they simply botched up on this one?
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2021, 10:23 AM   #1310
MASTERSAFARA

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
Could it actually be that the comic JH had different patterns on its head compared to the movie JH? (I've never read the comics so don't know what the JH pred looked like in it).

I ask this because the prototype of the 1/3 JH seems to have the correct spotting pattern. Whereas it is absent for the 1/4. Doesn't make sense for P1 to get it right on one and wrong on the other unless they did use reference from the comic and the comic JH head spots differed from the movie one. Or did they simply botched up on this one?

Not sure what he looks like unmasked but I’d guess there’s an image of him unmasked within the comic pages. Not sure if they used that as source material for the paint apps on the statue though. How much detail can you get from a comic illustration? Only that which you see. The rest would have to be expanded upon, but I don’t think this is the case. What I think, is that they used the pose only and the unique spear weapon as inspiration for the pose but used the design of the Predator from the original 1987 movie to fill in the details.