Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-01-2021, 03:39 PM   #791
Tushar
Hellboy

I'm new to this line. Noticed Power Girl is up for PO at BBTS. Methinks it's a reissue:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Produ...nDetails/89892

If so, here's my question to people following this line: How often does IS do reissues?

I ask because I'm really digging the new Hawkgirl and Manhunter, but if I do decide to go all in and start a Justice League collection, I'll need the Wonder Woman piece which is sold out. (Had I known IS was planning a classic costume JL lineup, I'd never have passed on it). I can happily leave out Batman and/or Superman, but any JL set of mine has to have Diana.

Any chance of that piece being reissued? Or better yet, any plans for a new WW with a better base?

Last question, for people who own the 1:10 Ivan Reis WW: the reason I passed on it is because though I loved the costume and pose, the portrait looked off to me in product shots. Does it look better in person?
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 03:45 PM   #792
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:

I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I swear they took my original broken one and just tried to glue it back together and send it back to me.

In either case, I think I'm just going to superglue it back together and take my chances.

I'm still waiting for my Mr Freeze to ship from them, but after that I will never order direct from Iron Studios again. Between this and how much I had to contact them just to get my order fulfilled and this notice I received about Mr Freeze:

"Your pre-order is almost ready! Due to high demand and limited availability, we are charging the pre-order in advance so you can secure your product.

Once paid, your pre-order will be sent as soon as we receive our product within the next 3 weeks. Since the pandemic outbreak, we have been experiencing delays in transportation and shipping.

Please, remember that after this 3 week pre-order period, if the item sells out and your order was not completed, the deposit is not refunded as stated in our Pre-Order Policy"

I might get more pieces made by them, but I will not be ordering from them again.
This is a horror story, man. No collector should have to go through that.
Old 04-01-2021, 04:46 PM   #793
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post
I'm new to this line. Noticed Power Girl is up for PO at BBTS. Methinks it's a reissue:

If so, here's my question to people following this line: How often does IS do reissues?

I ask because I'm really digging the new Hawkgirl and Manhunter, but if I do decide to go all in and start a Justice League collection, I'll need the Wonder Woman piece which is sold out. (Had I known IS was planning a classic costume JL lineup, I'd never have passed on it). I can happily leave out Batman and/or Superman, but any JL set of mine has to have Diana.

Any chance of that piece being reissued? Or better yet, any plans for a new WW with a better base?

Last question, for people who own the 1:10 Ivan Reis WW: the reason I passed on it is because though I loved the costume and pose, the portrait looked off to me in product shots. Does it look better in person?
Yes this has been happening for most of the comic pieces since IS got the worldwide license. First noticed it with Punisher, Colossus, Magneto and Psylocke(old versions). Once this second batch sells out then they stop the run. Not sure if WW had her second run yet but Flash and Penguin did.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 05:08 AM   #794
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Yes this has been happening for most of the comic pieces since IS got the worldwide license. First noticed it with Punisher, Colossus, Magneto and Psylocke(old versions). Once this second batch sells out then they stop the run. Not sure if WW had her second run yet but Flash and Penguin did.
Thanks for replying. I hope they do a WW reissue. If they do, I'm getting the Martian Manhunter and Hawkgirl, among others.
Old 04-02-2021, 01:50 PM   #795
adee
Green Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tushar View Post

I liked Wonder Woman a lot more after receiving her. I'm not sure if she will go up for order again.
That all has seemed pretty random to me and I can't figure out which ones will and wont be offered again.
There are a few older ones I'd love to have as well.

Here are some pics of WW.

adee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 04:30 PM   #796
Tushar
Hellboy

Wow, that portrait looks a whole lot better than it did in the official product pics. Wishing I had pulled the trigger.

Time to scour eBay, I guess.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:24 AM   #797
GaMiguel
Doh!

Does someone already got Batman & Robin?? I need some top view pics to mesure how to display them... Or a side comparison with the other heroes

GaMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 12:45 AM   #798
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

BBTS had a bunch of older pieces up. I really wanted but missed out on that purple Catwoman. I got classic Deathstroke though for $80.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 02:07 PM   #799
The Dark Knight
Jubilee

I got my first 1/10 piece yesterday.

It's Eddy Barrows, Batman.

I also really liked the upcoming, Poison Ivy and Tim Burton Film Catwoman. I will probably get them as well, if everything goes well.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:07 PM   #800
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
I got my first 1/10 piece yesterday.

It's Eddy Barrows, Batman.

I also really liked the upcoming, Poison Ivy and Tim Burton Film Catwoman. I will probably get them as well, if everything goes well.
Thinking on that poison ivy myself. Hoping they fix her face a little when they get to production pieces and if they do I am definitely in.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote