Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 08-11-2021, 10:01 PM   #301
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I'm in the process of selling all of my Bowen. Just getting rid of all comic related stuff, and Bowen is the first to go because of the scale.

Almost sold off all of my Bowen pieces. Sold 186 busts and 69 statues. It was quite the run. I kept 2 statues. I think I have 7 busts left from the Thor universe.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:21 PM   #302
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Almost sold off all of my Bowen pieces. Sold 186 busts and 69 statues. It was quite the run. I kept 2 statues. I think I have 7 busts left from the Thor universe.
why'd you sell em all, risingstar? there's a unique joy i get from looking at all my Bowens displayed next to each other. It's a little different than looking at other bigger, and "netter" more expensive pieces. I have a real soft spot for these things. You are right, it was one hell of a run.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #303
risingstar
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
why'd you sell em all, risingstar? there's a unique joy i get from looking at all my Bowens displayed next to each other. It's a little different than looking at other bigger, and "netter" more expensive pieces. I have a real soft spot for these things. You are right, it was one hell of a run.

I must have owned some of these pieces for 20 years. It was time for them to be enjoyed by another collector. Display space was becoming an issue so something had to give. Also, to be honest, my display preferences changed over the years as well. Like you said, it was a good run.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2021, 04:50 PM   #304
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I must have owned some of these pieces for 20 years. It was time for them to be enjoyed by another collector. Display space was becoming an issue so something had to give. Also, to be honest, my display preferences changed over the years as well. Like you said, it was a good run.
that's a great thing you said there.

in 2013 i sold a bunch of FS to fund the Chronicle ED-209 and Cain Puppets. fast-forward 6-7 years i wound up buying them all back because i couldn't believe i broke up my "set".

the just a couple months ago i PO'd the Prime 1 1:3 Predator statue and i sold a Bowen Regular edition which i have a variant of to help with the first payment. It just so happened i would up seeing the piece posted online on the new collectors shelves...it was a rewarding experience to pass on a statue and see someone else enjoy a piece that i enjoyed. a lot of good comes from this hobby...aside from the boxes, dust and cost
Old 08-14-2021, 12:09 PM   #305
Cobrettinick
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
I'm in the process of selling all of my Bowen. Just getting rid of all comic related stuff, and Bowen is the first to go because of the scale.
I'm specifically looking for a black panther or luke cage.
Cobrettinick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 12:32 PM   #306
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobrettinick View Post
I'm specifically looking for a black panther or luke cage.
out of curiosity, which Black Panther and which Luke Cage?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 01:14 PM   #307
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
I actually kept all of my Bowen’s and slowly expand them partly because of size and space. Best way to get much of Marvel together but I get it. Depending on what you collect the 1/3 and 1/4 can take up a lot of space. I only recently and finally got out my Sideshow Exclusive Rhino. I didn’t realize until I set him up what a beast that piece was!
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2021, 04:28 PM   #308
Cobrettinick
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
out of curiosity, which Black Panther and which Luke Cage?
Pm sent
Cobrettinick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:38 PM   #309
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Dang so most Bowens now $600-$700? Crazy. They are special pieces...I used to own so many....
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 11:57 AM   #310
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

you guys been noticing Bowen FS are becoming harder to find these days on the secondary market? Ebay, Facebook, Mercari all the secondary market sites have less and less of these things for decent prices. It makes sense as they are at least 10+ years old. Interesting to see, rarely do we see big collections being listed for sale on forums, facebook for collector prices.

The demand is still there for the FS & MB lines. I think the demand will always be there for Bowens. These were the FIRST in the countless lines of statues from endless amounts of manufacturers. What's so cool about these lines are that they are the first Marvel statue and bust line and it's still the most classic representations you can get anywhere.