Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-29-2021, 11:11 PM   #301
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
Or the Art Respect: Batman 1/6 just posted at Sideshow for $1206.

Yea, this one baffles me. Not sure why it's that much.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:19 PM   #302
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Yeah that's a Good Smile Company piece...not sure what they are thinking.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:27 PM   #303
SDguy

I've seen a few people comment that "Yeah, it's typical Good Smile Company".... as if that makes it non crazy
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 11:28 PM   #304
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Yeah, this one is a complete joke.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:23 AM   #305
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Dunno who can possibly choose that statue over multiple Prime 1 versions that are listed just next to it.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:16 AM   #306
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
Dunno who can possibly choose that statue over multiple Prime 1 versions that are listed just next to it.
Pretty simple actually... Personally I love that Batman but the price is egregious. I have zero interest in 1/3 Batman's because i can't display them with the rest of my JL collection, so they do nothing for me.

I think this one is phenomenal but a 1/6 for the price of a 1/3? That's pretty hard to swallow and it seems they got really greedy on their price point.

That said, I'm sure it'll still sell out /shrugs

I really wish another company would make a dynamic 1/6 Batman. There's a hundred of them and I really dislike them all.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 10:53 AM   #307
Ateon
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Pretty simple actually... Personally I love that Batman but the price is egregious. I have zero interest in 1/3 Batman's because i can't display them with the rest of my JL collection, so they do nothing for me.

I think this one is phenomenal but a 1/6 for the price of a 1/3? That's pretty hard to swallow and it seems they got really greedy on their price point.

That said, I'm sure it'll still sell out /shrugs

I really wish another company would make a dynamic 1/6 Batman. There's a hundred of them and I really dislike them all.
While preferences are subjective - that 1/6 statue at the price of P1 1/3 makes the deal illogical from most angles but space limitations. Because as much as I like my 1/6 Rebirth statue - both P1 Hush (cave ver) and Fabok are superior quality/details/presence wise. And they are in the same price range with that 1/6 Batman. Who IMO has nothing to justify such price. Would it be a diorama say Batman vs Ras - could be easier to understand. Cause smaller scale opens possibilities for things like Batman Sanity, IS Sentinel etc.
Ateon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 12:04 PM   #308
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ateon View Post
While preferences are subjective - that 1/6 statue at the price of P1 1/3 makes the deal illogical from most angles but space limitations. Because as much as I like my 1/6 Rebirth statue - both P1 Hush (cave ver) and Fabok are superior quality/details/presence wise. And they are in the same price range with that 1/6 Batman. Who IMO has nothing to justify such price. Would it be a diorama say Batman vs Ras - could be easier to understand. Cause smaller scale opens possibilities for things like Batman Sanity, IS Sentinel etc.
Well, of course but space limitations might be the only thing that some people really cares about. Plus it's very unique but no one is going to argue it's not horribly over priced. If this was half the current cost, everyone would be talking about this differently and praise it accordingly. Of course it should be half the price.... But some people don't have financial limitations, so for them it doesn't matter the cost, it goes with what they collect.

Do you think this won't sell out, even at that price point? I'm absolutely positive it will.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:28 PM   #309
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Well, of course but space limitations might be the only thing that some people really cares about. Plus it's very unique but no one is going to argue it's not horribly over priced. If this was half the current cost, everyone would be talking about this differently and praise it accordingly. Of course it should be half the price.... But some people don't have financial limitations, so for them it doesn't matter the cost, it goes with what they collect.

Do you think this won't sell out, even at that price point? I'm absolutely positive it will.
Depends on the ES, but I hope not...prices are already ridiculous enough. We don't need companies thinking they can get away with this kind of tomfoolery. I think it'll be an easy pick up for less on the secondary market.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 08:58 PM   #310
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Just got an email from sideshow, looks like he's delayed a few months