Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 08-09-2015, 03:27 AM   #1
vader-nator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

EFX / HCG Pre Orders - lost interest

Has anyone else pre-ordered expensive nice things from EFX or HCG and found the wait unbearable?

As collectors are all a bit OCD about this stuff but sadly I am finding myself a bit more sad than happy about my new releases. I have waited forever for EFX to send me the 1:1 Scout Trooper helmet, and the HCG 1:1 Selene bust has been pre ordered for ages too.

As for EFX telling us we would see a reveal obi wan lightsaber, Iron Man Helmet, Cap America Cowl…… Comic Con after Comic con they set us up with great stuff to look forward to.

Sadly these items are usually fairly costly for many of us and to commit to the purchase comes at a cost. That cost is affordable due to heightened enthusiasm and the thrill of something new on the horizon. When that horizon is actually years away from promised date, then the fun dies down and you have had ages to move on to other things.

Who else is getting tired to the point of boredom with some of these guys? Is it just me?
vader-nator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

HCGs wait doesn't seem longer then normal? Note they are completely different companies. Yes EFX is famous for taking forever to release things with no communication and showing a lot of things but never actually releasing them ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #3
azurepred
Zot

every single company out there except ECC has extremely long wait times because they are making too many products.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
every single company out there except ECC has extremely long wait times because they are making too many products.
EFX has abnormal wait times. They've been showing some products for the better part of a decade.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:55 PM   #5
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

The wait times are brutal nowadays,thats why I limit my preorders to CM/ECC,and the occasional XM orders,the rest of the major companies take 2 years from p.o day till it arrives at ones doorstep,if not more.I find in most cases by the time whatever item arrives I have already moved on to other newer pieces,which has led me to no longer preorder anything from other companies I use to,because if I still want it after 2 years when it ships out,in most cases it is readily available for either retail or slightly higher...and in most cases by that time I have moved on,or no longer want to pursue it,which is fine by me.
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 06:07 PM   #6
vader-nator

Its sad that these companies limit themselves to a few select die hards who are only in it for the long haul. Only a full fanatic freak would wait 2 years or more to fulfil an order. Most of the hype and thrill has died down by then.

Star Wars is probably the only reason EFX is still alive. All the other movies come and go : like Avengers, THOR etc. but people will be living Star Wars forever.

If they ever lose the rights to Star Wars, EFX will be gone in a flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
The wait times are brutal nowadays,thats why I limit my preorders to CM/ECC,and the occasional XM orders,the rest of the major companies take 2 years from p.o day till it arrives at ones doorstep,if not more.I find in most cases by the time whatever item arrives I have already moved on to other newer pieces,which has led me to no longer preorder anything from other companies I use to,because if I still want it after 2 years when it ships out,in most cases it is readily available for either retail or slightly higher...and in most cases by that time I have moved on,or no longer want to pursue it,which is fine by me.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:10 PM   #7
vader-nator

HCG have been good in the past but the wait on the Selene 1:1 bust is a killer…...
Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
HCGs wait doesn't seem longer then normal? Note they are completely different companies. Yes EFX is famous for taking forever to release things with no communication and showing a lot of things but never actually releasing them ;p
Old 08-10-2015, 03:07 AM   #8
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader-nator View Post
HCG have been good in the past but the wait on the Selene 1:1 bust is a killer…...
It could be they have issues with it, especially as it's out of norm. As opposed to EFX where it is the norm.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:23 AM   #9
jkno4u
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Unhappy

For the EFX TIE Fighter we waited for more than 3 years. It is a superb replica but their long wait time, bad communication, non constant QC, problematic customer service or crazy international shipping costs makes you think twice when pre-ordering something from them.
jkno4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 04:26 AM   #10
vader-nator

Me too on the Tie. Then it arrived with guns broken off……. then I had to return the belly section at my expense before they would ship an new replacement part out at my expense. My Tie was just a sad purchase. As for the $360 USD Fedex overnight shipping that took a month on my Thor Hammer……….. all above ponts loud and clear. My X-Wing looks like a Hasbro Electronic effects that was hand painted by a youngster

Am I a whinger or am I just wanting more for my buck? Not all that financial these days. Each time this happens its a slap in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkno4u View Post
For the EFX TIE Fighter we waited for more than 3 years. It is a superb replica but their long wait time, bad communication, non constant QC, problematic customer service or crazy international shipping costs makes you think twice when pre-ordering something from them.