Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 05-29-2023, 11:31 PM   #1511
Buttmunch
Fantastic Four

Thanks! Even the title of the is thread was helping me realize that was probably the case. Hope that means we’ll see another Ivy at some point. I think I’d prefer the Joker to be the only villain on a ‘throne.’
Buttmunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 06:38 PM   #1512
Buttmunch
Fantastic Four

Well, my waitlist for the Ivy variant at Sideshow converted. Had a little over $200 in rewards about to expire so it seemed like a sign. Should have her by the end of the week. So much for trying to consider her a remanent of the Super Powers line haha!
Old 06-12-2023, 07:00 PM   #1513
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
Well, my waitlist for the Ivy variant at Sideshow converted. Had a little over $200 in rewards about to expire so it seemed like a sign. Should have her by the end of the week. So much for trying to consider her a remanent of the Super Powers line haha!
Congrats. I am sure you will love her once you get her.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 05:24 PM   #1514
AC_808
Hercules

Yea, a great piece!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 09:46 PM   #1515
Buttmunch
Fantastic Four

She arrives tomorrow! Sideshow got her out quick! Just hoping she’s not a return or anything like that. Sideshow’s gotten kind of bad at selling returned items as new instead of placing them in their Sideshow Seconds. Since she’s still available from Tweeterhead directly maybe they’re taking another batch/pallet from them to sell themselves?
Old 06-14-2023, 07:55 PM   #1516
Buttmunch
Fantastic Four

Ivy just arrived and issue free! Definitely a new piece and not a return as I feared. She looks even better in person! I think green skin was the way to go on this one. If she had her boots and gloves I?d say human skin but when she?s barefoot I?m inclined to choose green skin. Makes her seem more supernatural plant goddess at that point. I like to think she starts off with normal skin and as her powers develop she goes green and starts losing a bit more of her humanity and gaining more plant characteristics. Hard to keep up with comic continuity anymore with anyone but that?s probably what happened haha.

Only wish the variant included baby Frank.
Old 06-15-2023, 08:53 AM   #1517
rykerw1701
Justice League

Quote:
Ivy just arrived and issue free! Definitely a new piece and not a return as I feared. She looks even better in person! I think green skin was the way to go on this one. If she had her boots and gloves I?d say human skin but when she?s barefoot I?m inclined to choose green skin. Makes her seem more supernatural plant goddess at that point. I like to think she starts off with normal skin and as her powers develop she goes green and starts losing a bit more of her humanity and gaining more plant characteristics. Hard to keep up with comic continuity anymore with anyone but that?s probably what happened haha.

Most of the time, statue variants look more like a money grab than a legit variant. This Poison Ivy is an exception, though I have the first version. It makes sense as another version of the original statue. Batman in different colors also usually works.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 09:01 AM   #1518
jeremydmc
S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote:

Congrats on getting her and no issues. I have both versions and they are equally stunning to look at. One of TH best statues.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote