Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-10-2021, 11:28 PM   #11
Chelseaboy
Fantastic Four

I'm not keen on Deadpool either..that's one i may well give a miss too.
Chelseaboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:37 AM   #12
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
Honestly I’m not going to kid myself I am going to buy them all lol. Ive already sold off about 6 1/4 scale statues to make some room ha. Now finding money for them is another thing

I ordered Colossus from IS this past Monday and just ordered Pyro today from SS. Next up should be Blob but who knows if thats coming April or May.

Only one I’m skipping is Deadpool. Might also skip Silver Samurai but I just have a feeling he’s going to look so cool!
I knew I was skipping Deadpool the minute he was revealed.

Silver Samurai looks too good to pass up. Not really a character I recall seeing as a kid but I've discovered he is a good Wolverine villain and I'm committed to buying as many X villains as it takes for them to make a Lady Deathstrike!
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:43 PM   #13
Infinite GLORY
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
I knew I was skipping Deadpool the minute he was revealed.

Silver Samurai looks too good to pass up. Not really a character I recall seeing as a kid but I've discovered he is a good Wolverine villain and I'm committed to buying as many X villains as it takes for them to make a Lady Deathstrike!
YES! I knew there was a villain I was missing on my wanted list. Lady Deathstrike would be awesome. Also I would add Onslaught and Stryfe. I think they would look great as well.
Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:05 PM   #14
pdenham
Teen Titans

Was waiting for the Scarlet Witch to finally show up.

I'm a little disappointed in the attitude of the lower body, and the hex effects on the base (or whatever that is) looks cheap and plastic.

But I like the size, the vertical orientation, and overall like it better than the SSC 1/4.

I'll probably use my remaining RW points and GC on it, though I'm in no particular hurry at the moment.

Will probably end up painting over the red acrylic at the bottom. Maybe make it blacklight/UV friendly, or drill some holes and run some fiber optics in it.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 09:51 AM   #15
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Was waiting for the Scarlet Witch to finally show up.

I'm a little disappointed in the attitude of the lower body, and the hex effects on the base (or whatever that is) looks cheap and plastic.

But I like the size, the vertical orientation, and overall like it better than the SSC 1/4.

I'll probably use my remaining RW points and GC on it, though I'm in no particular hurry at the moment.

Will probably end up painting over the red acrylic at the bottom. Maybe make it blacklight/UV friendly, or drill some holes and run some fiber optics in it.
I actually think the hex effects and the red resin will look wonderful in person. It looks to me to be the same type of red resin as the optic blast for Cyclops on Sentinel Dio 1, and that looks awesome in person.

Overall I think the design and destruction with the hex effects looks look. Matches well with the rest of the diorama.

But what you described doing with the custom paint/fiber optics sounds like it would look great as well!

On a side note, my Pyro from Sideshow just shipped today. Should be here Friday. I can post some pics. I'm looking forward to him. Not sure if there's ever been another Pyro in statue form before? Alot of characters getting first time statue treatment. Pyro, Forge, Silver Samurai. Not sure if Blob has before or not either.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:38 PM   #16
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
I actually think the hex effects and the red resin will look wonderful in person. It looks to me to be the same type of red resin as the optic blast for Cyclops on Sentinel Dio 1, and that looks awesome in person.

Overall I think the design and destruction with the hex effects looks look. Matches well with the rest of the diorama.

But what you described doing with the custom paint/fiber optics sounds like it would look great as well!

On a side note, my Pyro from Sideshow just shipped today. Should be here Friday. I can post some pics. I'm looking forward to him. Not sure if there's ever been another Pyro in statue form before? Alot of characters getting first time statue treatment. Pyro, Forge, Silver Samurai. Not sure if Blob has before or not either.
Bowen released a Pyro and Blob mini bust, but I've never seen any company do a full figure statue of Pyro, Blob, Forge, or Silver Samurai. IS is digging deep into Marvel's character list.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:49 PM   #17
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Hopefully they get the juggernaut out soon. Others had him 6 months ago but not in the states (sideshow or IS site). Been absolutely no news on him at all.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:36 PM   #18
Infinite GLORY

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Hopefully they get the juggernaut out soon. Others had him 6 months ago but not in the states (sideshow or IS site). Been absolutely no news on him at all.
I know you've been itching for Juggie ha. He is gonna be sweet! I do think he's coming soon. If you think about Sentinel Dio 1, all the individual characters were released (except Jubilee), and then the whole Sentinel dio 1 eventually released about 2 months later.

With Sentinel Dio 2, which Juggie is apart of, we JUST got Gambit released individually. Well, atleast with Sideshow you can buy him. IS would prolly make you wait another month or 2. Anyways lol, I expect Magneto to be released soon, and then Juggie. THEN Sentinel Dio 2. Magneto still showing April - May on Sideshow. Sentinel Dio 2 as well so it's gotta be soon. Even if the Sentinel Dio 2 gets pushed back for whatever reason, I would expect the individual pieces to stay on track.
Old 04-13-2021, 04:55 PM   #19
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
Should only be 4 months. Don't think anyone started getting them until December. Sideshow always puts the CCXP Exclusives up in July.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:18 PM   #20
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I ordered Scarlet Witch as I also have Blob, Mystique and Quicksilver. I can see why this is priced higher than Quicksilver. The pose is also fantastic! Very impressed with this piece. Also, just want to say that Infinite GLORY you've done an excellent job putting this thread together. Much appreciated
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote