Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-13-2021, 06:39 PM   #221
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Power Con was this weekend so TH appropriately went nuts showing what they had planned for the line. DC statues had no place there so why would they divert attention from convention-specific products to show off something that doesn't belong?

I don't know what else TH can do to keep their customers informed. They have announcements on their social media, a newsletter, and have a presence on this forum. Also, people immediately post on the forum any info that pops up so there are ample sources to go to in order to keep up to date.

The knee-jerk "sky is falling" reaction from people in this hobby is unreal. Every little thing that doesn't happen the way they want/expect apparently means lines are cancelled, businesses are going under, or whatever other nonsense they can think of in their frantic race to be the first to post everything they "know" for some imaginary internet points.
At least there was no promise to sell the whole collection this time.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:02 PM   #222
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
At least there was no promise to sell the whole collection this time.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 07:32 AM   #223
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySmith View Post
This is not a criticism of Tweeterhead!

It looks like TH, for all practical purposes, has dropped its DC superhero line. I don't blame them--if you can't get product shipped and when shipped it doesn't sell, a company doesn't have much choice. But with so many MOTU pieces announced (not a property I care for) and no activity on superheroes, I guess it's over except for Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. Yes, I know we're getting Flash and a very cool John Stewart. But I had such high hopes to get all the cool heroes they announced (and others they hadn't but I'm sure would have been made ... ). But with no new announcements and prices skyrocketing out of control, we're back to no new product to get excited about. To lose Deathstroke but get a MOTU Mermaid Man or whatever ... I wish them the best, but it is disappointing.
OH MY. you must know something I don't.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 04:04 PM   #224
Parallax
Nightwing

1. Animal Man
2. Animal Man
3. Animal Man
4. Animal Man
5. Animal Man
6. Animal Man
7. Animal Man
8. Animal Man
9. Animal Man
10. New Gods
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:27 PM   #225
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

After seeing their impressive MOTU villains, I think TH could pull off an awesome Atrocitus. Even include Dex-Starr to match B'dg. That is all.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:32 PM   #226
Mister H
Gen 13

When it comes to TH, I want a Hal Jordan 2.0, lots of Batman variants and cool Batman villains. Speaking of which, I hope they deliver on that Deathstroke which is supposed to be shown this year.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:38 PM   #227
Augen
Metal Men

With transparency I wonder if TH can comment on nature of amount of statues that are possible. Does the company have a limit of say, 8, statues a year. If multiple lines exist should we expect that 4 MotU pieces means 4 pieces max of all others? Or are lines held back independently via licensors and factories?

I'm so curious about the process and appreciate any information can speak to as to how it works to better understand and set expectations.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 01:59 PM   #228
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
When it comes to TH, I want a Hal Jordan 2.0, lots of Batman variants and cool Batman villains. Speaking of which, I hope they deliver on that Deathstroke which is supposed to be shown this year.
Oh?
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 02:07 PM   #229
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
Oh?
That's what what someone from TH said a little over a year ago. That was before they kind of restructured though. I'm hoping they still do him.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2022, 05:07 PM   #230
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Speaking of which, I hope they deliver on that Deathstroke which is supposed to be shown this year.
I'll buy it at a high price.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote