Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-22-2021, 07:06 PM   #51
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I just want to see more Spook fruit other than the apples. Maybe a bowl of scary cherries? Rotten oranges? Pissed pineapples?
lol @ Pissed Pineapples
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:05 PM   #52
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
I just want to see more Spook fruit other than the apples. Maybe a bowl of scary cherries? Rotten oranges? Pissed pineapples?
Those are good!!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:27 PM   #53
xellos49698
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Spooky Watermelons.
xellos49698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 09:28 PM   #54
Doctor Doom
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
Sideshow seems to be in a weird place right now. I agree their sweet spot for shows was with Igo and Susan, with Tom and Anna showing up to rep CoTD at times. Say what you want about Igo sometimes being abrasive on these forums (but honest) and Susan being a little too giddy at times, but they at least cared about the hobby. I'm not sure any of the new people even collect aside from Josh, and he just doesnt have the charisma of the others for me. And I havent seen Anna in months, maybe a year or so. Tom for better or worse is still with CoTD but its all product getting further and further away from premium formats.

And for original products? Same stuff over and over. The occassional surprise like Scarecrow here, Taskmaster there, but mostly more Caps, Wolverines, Deadpools and Batman. I get why, but its exhausting. Then finally, their on again off again relationship with Prime 1. Half of Prime 1's products arent even up for order on their site. I still use Sideshow when it suits me, but long gone are the days to where I hang on events day by day looking forward to not just announcements, but interviews and reviews. Its just not the same.
#TRUTH
Doctor Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 10:48 PM   #55
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Thor57 and others, I just find it hard to believe sideshow doesn't understand how dissatisfied people are with their brand these days, shows are terrible, the host try, but are just not good, the reveals usually disappoint most people, I gave up on what I liked, i know its finished, zero excitement for that line anymore, but damn sideshow release things people want! I dont collect fairytale fantasies, but people love those and will buy good new characters, and again release a damn beautiful female statue, men and women collectors like those beautiful pieces like Dejah, I dont watch the shows anymore, but i still hope they eventually surprise me with something great like in the past, i know occasionally a cool Marvel or DC piece comes along, but eventually people are gonna tire of those franchises as well, I'm just ranting, I zero statues on order, maybe the Dragonslayer when its released, but that's about it, statues to me have became so expensive and boring with the choices I've started collecting action figures again, sideshow could change that, but I have no expectations they will anytime soon
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:00 AM   #56
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

This is a interesting development. Being pre-disappointed in an event. statue collectors are an interesting bunch I'll give you that.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:41 AM   #57
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
This is a interesting development. Being pre-disappointed in an event. statue collectors are an interesting bunch I'll give you that.
Its really not interesting at all, if you have followed sideshow for several years you would easily know their shows used to be good and the host were better and they had better reveals, now I dont think anybody is hoping for disappointment, but expecting anything else after the last couple years is extreme wishful thinking
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:06 AM   #58
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Mangled Mangos? Bandaged Bananas? Killer Kiwis? Poison Peaches?

I like this game!!
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 08:26 AM   #59
ukshaun
Hercules

Having had more time to think about possible reveals, i thought the following:

1. Sideshow - The Crow PF will go up for pre_order
2. PCS - Leatherface will go up for pre_order
3. PCS - Lady Death reveal
4. Sideshow - might reveal a new Court of the Dead piece.

I would like to see Sideshow reveal a new Vampirella based on their recent Art Print.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 10:03 AM   #60
Lonewolf65
Luke Cage

with the release of another Vampi art print...hopefully a new PF will be coming
Lonewolf65 is offline   Reply With Quote