Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 09-28-2020, 08:02 AM   #31
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Finished with this company years ago. Promised great things and never delivered.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 08:22 AM   #32
Verdun
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

It would seem only Partial.ly items which were not yet paid in full have been cancelled.

However this may be due to limitations from Partial.ly and fully paid may be cancelled in time.
Verdun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 10:58 AM   #33
neo225
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Damn, if this is true. I was really looking forward to that giant Stargate fossil piece.
neo225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:13 AM   #34
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

My question is where is that 67L88Stingray?

This clown was a Chronicle YES MAN from the beginning I find it hysterical he is silent on this topic.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:14 AM   #35
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt Torpedo View Post
Finished with this company years ago. Promised great things and never delivered.
It's a shame, they burst onto the scene with exciting promises. And they did deliver a few half decent products (The stargate busts etc) But they also failed to deliver on so many promises (The Roger Young springs to mind even though it shipped out in a very different form later on for a lot more money) I do hope that they ultimately deliver any products that people have paid for. But I'm certainly glad I don't have anything invested with them currently as it doesn't look good....
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:33 AM   #36
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
It's a shame, they burst onto the scene with exciting promises. And they did deliver a few half decent products (The stargate busts etc) But they also failed to deliver on so many promises (The Roger Young springs to mind even though it shipped out in a very different form later on for a lot more money) I do hope that they ultimately deliver any products that people have paid for. But I'm certainly glad I don't have anything invested with them currently as it doesn't look good....
You’re right. They burst on the scene and after the grand opening its almost like their bubble burst. It wasn’t sustainable. They delivered to me exactly what they promised, which I’m grateful for...but as you said I’m happy I don’t have anything invested in their company as they went downhill fast. To me this seems exactly what it looks like...I think they’re done and they’re taking collectors PO money with them.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:38 AM   #37
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fu_Manchu View Post
No. Those are personal facebook pages.
Well, Facebook and personal are two words that don't go very well together. Like, really not very well.
If you want to fly under the radar, first, be clever and don’t expose yourself on Facebook. That's that simple.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 11:44 AM   #38
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
My question is where is that 67L88Stingray?

This clown was a Chronicle YES MAN from the beginning I find it hysterical he is silent on this topic.
Lol lol lol bro, k was thinking tne same thing!!! Where is that sucker?!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:21 PM   #39
Steve evans
The Spirit

I thought CC came up with some great ideas, some of which were incredibly unique.
It was the quality of their factory products that let them down, especially the dinosaurs.
I miss their Facebook live chats on a Friday night, I looked forward to their reveals.
Shame really!
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 12:35 PM   #40
TeaRexual
Doh!

I'm not here to defend CC by any means - but as I've personally visited their office many times and spoken with their staff numerous times (I live local to them), I have to help calm some assumptions here.

Do I think CC is taking the money and running? No.

Are they cancelling POs? Yes.

Why? Because not one, but two very large companies have screwed them over with damaged products arriving to customers and then refused to replace them. It wasnt just the usual damaged item here or there, it was a massive amount. CC doesn't just sell their own stuff, they sell products from larger companies, some over seas that used to not be able to sell in the US.

I think they recently took a hit to the tune of over $250k due to said nameless company screwing them/their customers over - so rather than continue to deal with said companies, they will probably no longer carry that product with them. CC took this upon themselves and have to pay out of THEIR OWN POCKETS to recoup what these companies cost them and their customers. They aren't getting refunded or reimbursed for this. I think they were even trying to piece together sets so customers who really wanted them could still get them.

Just wanted to add my experience in here as I know they have been silent. Corona hit everyone hard. And while I dont agree with their silence or lack of communication to customers about what they are doing - I do believe the company is trying to do their best with what they can and I hope they don't go under from these hits because I really like their ideas.
TeaRexual is offline   Reply With Quote