Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 06-04-2021, 01:37 PM   #291
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I have VERY mixed feelings about this. After all, this portrait was what convinced me to order.....so clearly I'm happy with it.....why change it? Why now? Surely the only people complaining we're one's who didn't pre order it - and actually, in the context of this piece - who cares what they think?

I just hope the changes are somehow great, or I'll cancel my pre order and carry on with my life.
While I don't mind if they make her a little younger, from what I've seen so far, I think we can trust their tweaks.

That said, I do agree with you on the people complaining. There are people who complain a lot about different lines and have zero intention of spending anything on them. There was one guy in the Youtube comments complaining and cursing they shouldn't make a Batman. Why wouldn't you expect one to be produced considering they have the license and have produced two statues from the movies? Would people who have purchased both the Joker and Catwoman not expect a future Batman release? More likely, he doesn't even care, will never buy anything from the company, and just wants what he wants.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 02:12 PM   #292
MasterkillerWSW
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
I have VERY mixed feelings about this. After all, this portrait was what convinced me to order.....so clearly I'm happy with it.....why change it? Why now? Surely the only people complaining we're one's who didn't pre order it - and actually, in the context of this piece - who cares what they think?

I just hope the changes are somehow great, or I'll cancel my pre order and carry on with my life.
This 100%! I really hope they don't mess it up. The realistic face and likeness is the main reason why I pre-ordererd.
MasterkillerWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:52 PM   #293
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

I did order and I do want them to improve the portrait. One person commented that it looked "droopy" which I agree with. Mask on it's not as noticeable. The closer to 100% accurate the better.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:32 PM   #294
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmac View Post
While I don't mind if they make her a little younger, from what I've seen so far, I think we can trust their tweaks.

That said, I do agree with you on the people complaining. There are people who complain a lot about different lines and have zero intention of spending anything on them. There was one guy in the Youtube comments complaining and cursing they shouldn't make a Batman. Why wouldn't you expect one to be produced considering they have the license and have produced two statues from the movies? Would people who have purchased both the Joker and Catwoman not expect a future Batman release? More likely, he doesn't even care, will never buy anything from the company, and just wants what he wants.
Exactly what I was thinking.

Even now, we can see the usual "naysayers" crawling back into the thread to twist the knife, like sharks smelling blood in the water, feeling somehow justified that they didn't buy the piece - curious that those same people who are convinced the piece is "off" can't help but follow it continuously

But from my perspective, these people are the LAST people JND should waste their time listening to. They've sold out, so that should tell them everything they need to know.

Those other collectors should go shop at Toys'R'Us if they hate silicone, glass eyes, real hair, and high prices - leave the real status to serious collectors.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 05:36 PM   #295
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
I did order and I do want them to improve the portrait. One person commented that it looked "droopy" which I agree with. Mask on it's not as noticeable. The closer to 100% accurate the better.
Sorry to be harsh dude, but more fool you. If you're willing to lay out $2K on a product you don't love, and you think looks "droopy" that's your problem, not JND's.

I'm looking forward to get my "droopy" Catwoman, I hope you have fun living with yours.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:03 PM   #296
cocomonk22
Blue Falcon

This is the reason I bought it:

Here the masked portrait looks perfect and is how I plan on displaying it.
cocomonk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 06:59 PM   #297
Brandon
The X-Men

The likeness on this is practically perfect, though I agree that she does look a bit old or 'droopy' from certain angles, especially with the mask off. It's awesome that JND is humble and responsive enough to accept this critic and improve it. The only other critic I can find is that she needs red lipstick.

Also excited to see Harley Quinn in a few weeks. I wonder which outfit they went with...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	169096020_282026890209320_6836099155680320162_n.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	140000  
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 08:10 PM   #298
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Exactly what I was thinking.

Even now, we can see the usual "naysayers" crawling back into the thread to twist the knife, like sharks smelling blood in the water, feeling somehow justified that they didn't buy the piece - curious that those same people who are convinced the piece is "off" can't help but follow it continuously

But from my perspective, these people are the LAST people JND should waste their time listening to. They've sold out, so that should tell them everything they need to know.
But in any creative process, artistic or not, do we progress better by listening with both ears to the excess of flattery, or by listening with one ear to the criticisms?
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 12:05 AM   #299
Josado
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
But in any creative process, artistic or not, do we progress better by listening with both ears to the excess of flattery, or by listening with one ear to the criticisms?
Josado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2021, 06:21 AM   #300
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I completely disagree.

You see, we're not in the creative process anymore, we're in the production process. The creative process ended when the piece went up for Pre Order and people paid their money and made their choice.

Changing the piece AFTER money has changed hands is EXTREMELY risky for this company. Let's remember, the "droopy" piece SOLD OUT!!! It's what people wanted (that, or buyers are idiots with more money than sense) so for who are they now changing the portrait?!? What if the next iteration is not "subjectively" better for people who ordered the original?

No, this is the wrong direction in my opinion. If JND want to include an alternative headsvulpt (either free of charge, or as an alternative choice for customers) that's different, but a direct replacement is definitely not my preferred choice.

And one final point. I notice the criticism is coming from the same old tired sources, who for whatever childish reason, don't seem able to ignore this piece even though they can no longer own it, and have clearly stated they don't want it due to fundamental material choices....even so, they seem hell bent on trying to label the product as a failure. I notice that these "criticisms" seem to evolve over time with these people - even though these same people stated early on that the likeness was on point, and they mentioned nothing about "droopyness" before - so this is why I recommend that JND should stop wasting time listening to these imbeciles and focus on giving the customer what they paid for.