Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-28-2023, 12:55 PM   #311
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
I had the chance to purchases this outright from my waitlist, but just could not justify spending $800 for this statue. It was hard because I was at a tug of war with myself and the collector side of me. Normally I have no issue with spending any amount on my collection, just couldn't pull the trigger and the offer closed at 12:27PST today. I like this statue but I don't love this piece. Even went back in this thread and read some of my older post on this statue. To help myself make a decision on pulling the trigger. Just have to be a discipline collector and hope that I can find it for cheaper than $800 down the road somewhere later.
You likely will find it cheaper and there will always be new statues.

Canale really needs to listen to someone critique his art direction just a touch. He does fantastic action poses but the awkward anlge perspectives are off putting.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 08:33 AM   #312
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Finally got this in, cracked open the box, & found too many parts, having no time to presently set-up!

Quick impressions are excellent hyper detailing, wonderful portrait, sadly plastic claws, & the mixed media parts blend in well with the sculpt.

Not sure about the paint apps yet, as my portrait seems to have a lot of rouge-red. Maybe properly set-up it will all blend and make sense, showcasing Wolverine's rage.

If not? I may have a ronin-dandy on my hands, & who would have figured that?

P.S. The intricate suit/costume looks excellent/immaculate, & a feast for the eyes. But some added blood droplets/splatter to the composition/Wolverine would have served-up something even more special, as the contrast would have been a blast.

P.P.S. To be continued, as I find the time to properly set-up, & obsessively scrutinize.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #313
Onewiththeforce
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

why oh why is SS so inconsistent?

Plastic claws..??

Do they just feel like every other piece deserves metal claws...? Soooooo confused.

They choose to provide a light up saber for PF Moff Gideon but not Ahsoka Tano. They allow for Vader to have a light up saber but not General Grievous.

They Give Power Girl a sculpted cape, Gambit a sculpted trench coat but others a fabric one.

They provide all the switchouts for pieces like the new Psylocke perched on the pagoda, call it a PF and charge accordingly, but do the same with Dr. Strange (arms) and then call it a maquette and charge more for it..... I mean really...?!?

I guess what I am trying to get at is if they can prove that things can be done a certain way......then why not just do them that way and be consistent.

Metal claws all the time.
Light up sabers all the time.
Include all attachments/switchouts with the piece and just call it a maquette.
Sculpt vs. fabric. pick a side.

LOL!!!!

Ok enough of my soap box. Just my thoughts and opinion I guess.

Congrats on the new Logan. Looking forward to seeing updated pics.

Cheers.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 09:15 AM   #314
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Still not completely set-up, but had to know regarding line and form, so only Wolverine & base.

Again, I'm not sure why this level of sculpt can't muster more than a 500 edition run, but here's a quick take.

Composition,(without added base ninjas, for now), is fantastic, with a balance and flow which is yes, right out of the comic books. Even the sharp design/edges of the hut contrast beautifully with the soft lines of the billowing mist/emerging ninjas.

The Wolverine figure itself represents a masterclass in anatomical sculpture. From portrait/pose/toes, this badass ronin holds. Hyper detailed throughout, with a leaping "right down your throat" composition/pose, this work is something to behold.

P.S. Yet another masterwork by the great Martin Canale, but can't shake the feel that a monsterous HULK would be the ultimate deal!

Hey, after seeing this, I couldn't resist making another play for HULK bliss. Make it so Sideshow!
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote