Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Exodiuz's Vids & Video Games

Old 04-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #21
J Storm
Birdman

I've played 1st one, from beginning to end, numerous times & never gotten bored with it. Can't wait for #2
J Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:05 AM   #22
Brru
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

I just hope they dont get greedy and F it all up like most game sequals
Brru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #23
HelloKinky
Look out for #1. Don't step in #2 either.

I got very bored with the first one after a while so now I'm just non chalant about it. The chainsaw duels look ok. Seem like a big break in action to stop and try to "duel" when you have guns... But I can't wait to see how it looks graphically cause they can top the first.
HelloKinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:08 PM   #24
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloKinky View Post
I got very bored with the first one after a while so now I'm just non chalant about it. The chainsaw duels look ok. Seem like a big break in action to stop and try to "duel" when you have guns... But I can't wait to see how it looks graphically cause they can top the first.
I was the same way. I felt very "meh" about it. It was pretty and had great production values, but the gameplay was dull to me. I doubt I'll feel differently about 2 unless the core gameplay is changed...I don't expect that to happen though.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:57 PM   #25
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

!!See Gears of War 2 Tonight!!
Two-minute trailer coming before day's end!!

Taken from IGN:

May 9, 2008 - Now that GTA IV has been released, Gears of War 2 takes the crown as the most-anticipated upcoming Xbox 360 title. The first true Gears 2 trailer -- said to be approximately two minutes long -- will be made available for download on Xbox Live Marketplace at 11pm PST tonight and on IGN shortly thereafter.

The trailer includes a special introduction by Epic Games Design Director Cliff Bleszinski and a first look at chainsaw duels and ranged combat on a much larger scale than what was seen in the original.

Gears of War 2 is set for a November release.

Sgt Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:05 AM   #26
snappahead
Producer
Producer

Just watched some footage. I have to say..if this is actually running on a 360 (and not some massive PC rig) I'm very impressed. There's an insane amount of detail and things going on and the framerate looks rock solid. I may not be a fan of the game, but I can appreciate art when I see it. I was impressed when it started seeing all that was happening, but when he looked over the side of that carrier thing and there was about 50 or 60 locust guys running around, I was REALLY impressed. If this really is running on a 360..wow.
snappahead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 05:12 AM   #27
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

I also just saw it, I am B-L-O-W-N___A-W-A-Y
Old 05-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #28
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

The only thing I didnt like about the footage snappa, was what you mentioned, the 50/60 dudes running in the background, they were close enough to shot, but as the gametrailer footage analysis noted, the reticule never went red so you couldnt actually take pot shots at them and take them down.

If its just complimentary to the feel of an epic war, fair enough, but Im hoping that as well as have so many on screen, that you can be part of that battle with them, that you can take on that many in some parts of the game (obviously you'll need one hell of a huge turret to stop yourself from being overwhelmed, but that would be intense!).

Id be disappointed if they have that kind of technology to have so many on screen, so many things happening, but relegate it to background eye candy.

Other than that, the footage looked awesome and who are we kidding, everyone that even looked at Gears on a big tv is going to be buying the second one, I just hope its as good if not better than the first, and it looks it. Bring on November.
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #29
Sgt Taz
Doom Patrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
The only thing I didnt like about the footage snappa, was what you mentioned, the 50/60 dudes running in the background, they were close enough to shot, but as the gametrailer footage analysis noted, the reticule never went red so you couldnt actually take pot shots at them and take them down.

If its just complimentary to the feel of an epic war, fair enough, but Im hoping that as well as have so many on screen, that you can be part of that battle with them, that you can take on that many in some parts of the game (obviously you'll need one hell of a huge turret to stop yourself from being overwhelmed, but that would be intense!).

Id be disappointed if they have that kind of technology to have so many on screen, so many things happening, but relegate it to background eye candy.

Other than that, the footage looked awesome and who are we kidding, everyone that even looked at Gears on a big tv is going to be buying the second one, I just hope its as good if not better than the first, and it looks it. Bring on November.
Cliffy already hinted at a sequence where there'll be a dazzling amount of locust on screen and you'll be mawing through them with the hammer of dawn
Old 05-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #30
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

link?
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote