Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-28-2021, 10:56 PM   #261
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Can we get a really good Bane with his coat already? ):
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:27 PM   #262
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent23 View Post
Hey Chronos, could you ask if Bane, Two-Face, and Scarecrow, are planned as well please? Thanks.
I don’t have an “in” with the company or anything. They were just kind enough to respond to my Facebook inquiry with actual information. If you have any questions, definitely inquire on FaceBook. I tried their website and didn’t hear back at all.

I think Bane is a possibility though no word from JND that I’m aware of.

Something tells me that Scarecrow and Two-Face are incredibly unlikely.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 12:36 AM   #263
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronos1919 View Post
I don’t have an “in” with the company or anything. They were just kind enough to respond to my Facebook inquiry with actual information. If you have any questions, definitely inquire on FaceBook. I tried their website and didn’t hear back at all.

I think Bane is a possibility though no word from JND that I’m aware of.

Something tells me that Scarecrow and Two-Face are incredibly unlikely.
Makes sense. JND's "selling point" is ultra realism, that's why they're charging the big money. If they start making masked or "comic" faced characters with $2 monster make up, then they lose that edge over the other companies.......which equates to non justified pricing, and lack of sales.

I mean, why would you spend double or triple to get a scarecrow from JND over Prime? The P1 version was great, even they couldn't screw that up
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:41 PM   #264
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don’t use Facebook, I blame the moral decay of society mostly on Facebook. But I digress, maybe I can ask on their website.

Also - Prime 1 didn’t make a Murphy Scarecrow. They could make a Cilian Murphy head sculpt with a Scarecrow mask to go with it.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 05:34 PM   #265
Silicon Man
Frackin!

Something that many are forgetting is the cost of silicone.

Whichever costumes they select for upcoming characters will most likely be those that cover the most skin.

I'm assuming that Bane's coat would be less expensive than producing silicone arms.

This is most likely why they chose the Golden Eagle Armor for Wonder Woman instead of her classic outfit.

Likewise, we can probably expect Harley to wear the leather suit that covers up a lot of her skin.
Silicon Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 06:45 PM   #266
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silicon Man View Post
Something that many are forgetting is the cost of silicone.

Whichever costumes they select for upcoming characters will most likely be those that cover the most skin.

I'm assuming that Bane's coat would be less expensive than producing silicone arms.

This is most likely why they chose the Golden Eagle Armor for Wonder Woman instead of her classic outfit.

Likewise, we can probably expect Harley to wear the leather suit that covers up a lot of her skin.

Agreed 100%
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:12 PM   #267
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

I am not sure that JND would make artistic decisions to cover areas of the skin. They would most likely just not not make limbs out of silicone. None of it is solid silicone anyways as some structure is needed underneath. I can see JND following the Blitzway route where Blitzway made PVC heads but polystone bodies. They still might do silicone for exposed skin on limbs and if the price of platinum silicone is high, that would just be reflected in the price.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 08:14 PM   #268
xXJ0kerXx
Fantastic Four

it would be interesting if they did silicone hands though that might be a bit of a waste and making it more expensive for just the added effects of being able to move her hands around.
xXJ0kerXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:09 PM   #269
chronos1919
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXJ0kerXx View Post
it would be interesting if they did silicone hands though that might be a bit of a waste and making it more expensive for just the added effects of being able to move her hands around.
They do silicone hands. To match the skin tone and texture of the face though, not just to make them bendy.
chronos1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 03:34 AM   #270
Shoo
Hercules

They are bendy, though. Just look at the Arthur Fleck videos.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote