Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-04-2020, 05:54 PM   #211
pdenham
Teen Titans

I was just trying to be snarky with that last post 'cause I thought those two were just jerking our chains

Upon further consideration-

Let me put it this way. If there was any possible way to actually order this before it officially goes up next Wednesday, I'm sure the retailer would specifically request that you not announce your ordering it on any social media until then.

At least that's what I would do if I were a retailer.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:28 PM   #212
Ish3183
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
I was just trying to be snarky with that last post 'cause I thought those two were just jerking our chains

Upon further consideration-

Let me put it this way. If there was any possible way to actually order this before it officially goes up next Wednesday, I'm sure the retailer would specifically request that you not announce your ordering it on any social media until then.

At least that's what I would do if I were a retailer.
Ish3183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #213
pdenham
Teen Titans

If all the parties will go back and edit their posts, I'll edit mine.
Old 09-04-2020, 06:38 PM   #214
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Well I know I have to be on it on the 9th then. I got no order early privileges.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #215
pdenham
Teen Titans

Cap went up for order on the cusp of the release of one of the most anticipated films ever, where the character was going to be front and center.

And the ES was under 400.

And the price was remarkable for being a (co-)XM piece with as many substantial switch-outs as it had.

Thor is dropping in the middle of a pandemic, with millions out of work, absent any cross media tie-in synergy with a higher price tag, an ES more than double that of Cap, and far less compelling alternative display options (IMO).
Balancing that, the base is quite a bit more of it's own thing than Cap's was.

It will sell briskly, but I don't think this one will move quite as fast as people expect simply based on Cap's performance. Maybe it will. Maybe it won't

I do think most people that really want this will probably have more of an opportunity to secure it than what went down last year. Obviously if you can order it asap, it would be best to do that.

Having said that, I'm sure I'll be proven entirely wrong now.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:25 PM   #216
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I noticed with Cap so many that ordered soon after listed for sale . Not happy or too big ? Not sure but they were dumping fast
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 07:48 PM   #217
pdenham
Teen Titans

Maybe they needed the money? Maybe they liked it, but saw how hot the market for it was atm?
Maybe they anticipate even more dire times ahead soon, and decided they'd be better off making a killing reselling this now, than being stuck with a big hunk of plastic when the whole bottom falls out.
Old 09-04-2020, 08:17 PM   #218
zombiegalactus
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I sold my cap. I had fully intended on keeping him when I ordered him but he took up a lot of space and was hard to display for me. I sold at a fair price and could have gotten more probably. I have limited space and just not a big enough cap fan to give him that much space. It is a very nice piece though. I like this Thor too but the only character I would really want larger than 1/4 would be Spidey or Jean Grey.
zombiegalactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:03 PM   #219
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombiegalactus View Post
I sold my cap. I had fully intended on keeping him when I ordered him but he took up a lot of space and was hard to display for me. I sold at a fair price and could have gotten more probably. I have limited space and just not a big enough cap fan to give him that much space. It is a very nice piece though. I like this Thor too but the only character I would really want larger than 1/4 would be Spidey or Jean Grey.
if your only going to have one Spiderman statue, I'd agree with you. I only need one Thor in the collection and if I can get this, I will. Best Thor to date imo in any scale.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 10:10 PM   #220
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I noticed with Cap so many that ordered soon after listed for sale . Not happy or too big ? Not sure but they were dumping fast
I ended up with 2 due to Todd not responding to a cancel request. Mine was the first one up on EBay for $250 + free shipping and it sold for 3 times what it sold at retail. Everyone saw that and jumped on the bandwagon. What they didn’t know was the winner had legitimate reasons why he paid what he paid when mine went up. Something to do with the next highest buyer and that he knew the person in person and wanted to screw him over. I had a bunch of folks message me on how to sell theirs and helped but excluded what happened with the two highest bidders. I get lucky every 3-4 years on an auction. I do my best to keep things fair.

That said I intend on just getting 1 Thor. I don’t want to go through that again.
eternalblue02 is online now   Reply With Quote