Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-09-2024, 03:32 PM   #131
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Thanks for the suggestion, I've been using Adblock Plus for so long, giving uBlock Origin a try
ublock way better these days
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 03:55 PM   #132
Forps is back
The Avengers

New POs for video games pieces. They have also set an extremely high initial ES (possibly to be cut in the future based on the actual demand).

Nevertheless, THIS IS THE WAY.

Per the doctor, Forps, prescribed.

Prime1, if she is smart, should also cancel that advertised 1/3 Riddler. The market doesn't want an INFLATED ACTION FIGURE Riddler with sculpted clothes, with glossy paint and a lifeless sculpt. They won't even get POs for 100 pieces.

That Darkseid on Throne 1/4 struggled to even get an ES of 150. The new Ivy 1/3 also struggles to sell-out @ 150.

Prime1, give collectors the 1/3 Catwoman Hush just to end your DC line with a good piece. Also put Batman and Superman Hush 1/4 for POs and end it there.

It was a line being glorified by casuals and Tubers. SIZE fooled them but any collector with an art(s)y eye would repeat what VickPS also said in this thread.

End your DC line, Prime1 and concentrate on your video games and anime/manga lines.

The new POs (video game-related) are a good step, business-wise.

THIS IS THE WAY (Mandalorian-style). Forps has spoken.

End of discussion. Close this thread and move on.
Forps is back is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 06:25 PM   #133
Kefka2200
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
New POs for video games pieces. They have also set an extremely high initial ES (possibly to be cut in the future based on the actual demand).

Nevertheless, THIS IS THE WAY.

Per the doctor, Forps, prescribed.

Prime1, if she is smart, should also cancel that advertised 1/3 Riddler. The market doesn't want an INFLATED ACTION FIGURE Riddler with sculpted clothes, with glossy paint and a lifeless sculpt. They won't even get POs for 100 pieces.

That Darkseid on Throne 1/4 struggled to even get an ES of 150. The new Ivy 1/3 also struggles to sell-out @ 150.

Prime1, give collectors the 1/3 Catwoman Hush just to end your DC line with a good piece. Also put Batman and Superman Hush 1/4 for POs and end it there.

It was a line being glorified by casuals and Tubers. SIZE fooled them but any collector with an art(s)y eye would repeat what VickPS also said in this thread.

End your DC line, Prime1 and concentrate on your video games and anime/manga lines.

The new POs (video game-related) are a good step, business-wise.

THIS IS THE WAY (Mandalorian-style). Forps has spoken.

End of discussion. Close this thread and move on.
It must be tiresome being the way you are. It’s certainly exhausting just reading it.
Kefka2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 07:20 PM   #134
KiDDo
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forps is back View Post
End your DC line, Prime1 and concentrate on your video games and anime/manga lines.[/B]
I both agree and disagree with this. I'm all in for more anime/video game statues, espiecially in 1/4. I'd even prefer if they started a whole new 1/6 line for anime, just because it takes up less space which I want to preserve for comic/movie pieces in 1/4 and 1/3 - but that's just my personal wish. Imagine all (main) DBZ characters in 1/6 with minimal base, museum or minimal fighting pose, no crazy space-hogging dioramas with light effects like Tsume or Infinity do --> printed money!!!

I wouldn't mind them slowing down - or even scrapping - on male DC pieces, both heroes and villains. Especially with LBS having so many great looking stuff in the pipeline for people who want these statues. I wouldn't want them to stop with the females though, never can have enough Harley, Selina and Diana^^ Especially since their designs/sculpts and paint are far supirior to any other company!
KiDDo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 08:41 AM   #135
clockwork463
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Do you think the people who are running the big statue companies hate their customers? Hate us? I feel like these people, when they're talking to each other in private probably have alot of contempt for us. They must at one time been surprised and even shocked at what we are willing to put up with and what they have been able to get away with, and now they're just laughing to each other at how much further they can push this entire thing until it implodes.
clockwork463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2024, 10:12 AM   #136
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
Do you think the people who are running the big statue companies hate their customers? Hate us? I feel like these people, when they're talking to each other in private probably have alot of contempt for us. They must at one time been surprised and even shocked at what we are willing to put up with and what they have been able to get away with, and now they're just laughing to each other at how much further they can push this entire thing until it implodes.
It?s got to be absolutely exhausting catering to us.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:54 PM   #137
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockwork463 View Post
Definitely, some of them I'm sure have a real passion for it, and that's what keeps driving them. As they grow and feedback becomes louder sales/expectations not being meet, it starts to suck some of the enjoyment. Once you start getting to where 40% love it, 40% hate it and another 20 % says your not as good as you use to be, it starts to get to you as so many folks go at the artist/company hard. Fandoms, especially comic ones can be to intense in very good way, but also in a really bad way.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:59 PM   #138
Mister H
Youngblood

IMO I don't think any statue company has been more admired than Bowen Designs. I felt the communication was right where it needed to be and we even had Rocky's Vault to look forward to. The sneak peaks garnered a lot of excitement. I know it was at its strongest before the Covid craze but everything seemed to go really smoothly with them. It will be hard for any statue company to copy that.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote