Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-03-2021, 03:12 PM   #971
Took
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon3000 View Post
For Skeletor's faction: Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops, Beast-Nan, Mer-Man. Bonus: Two-Bad, Webstor and Whiplash.
there's a Beast Man 1/5 scale coming from a 3rd party... and after that some others.
Took is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 03:27 PM   #972
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acolyte View Post
Wow, quite some digging you did there.

I can imagine that Trap Jaw and Scareglow will be next (not sure in what order). If I got to choose I would see Man-At-Arms and the Sorceress getting made after that. But hey: Zodac could be really impressive as well.
Thanks! I love when I can put insomnia to good use!

Yeah, I'm curious who will come first: Trap Jaw or Scareglow. I'd lean towards Trap Jaw because he was mentioned more in a lot more outlets. He's also more of a core character that would be a bigger hit with a larger selection of MOTU fans. But who knows... anything could hinder that, be it licensor approval or a tricky piece in sculpt/design/engineering.

I think both Man-At-Arms and Sorceress were mentioned strongly by Chad in his videos. I would guess Sorceress would be the bigger seller of these two, but who knows? I was never much of a Prince Adam fan, but it seems the larger fandom has a much stronger connection to him.

I'm cool with Zodak/Zodac being a later entry in the line. There's other characters I'd like to see/buy sooner. But it would be nice to see him announced around 2023/2024-ish.

Quote:
It would be great to have the main Horde characters: Leech, Mantegna, Grizzlor and Modulok. Add Mosquitoe as a plus.
King Hiss would be great and that way you have the leaders of each faction.
For Skeletor's faction: Trap-Jaw, Tri-Klops, Beast-Nan, Mer-Man. Bonus: Two-Bad, Webstor and Whiplash.
More Horde members would be nice to see. I was always fond of Modulok and would be curious to see how he'd be handled in statue form and in this Legends style.

Huge Snake men fan here, but I'd actually rather see Rattlor and Tung Lashor before King Hssss. But most of the main leaders have been released, so I could see Hssss being announced soon to represent this squad in the Legends line.

It would be super fun for him to come with two torsos to represent his human disguise and natural snakes forms. Maybe even switch out arms where you could put the humanoid or snake arms on either torso to vary up the display options.

For Skeletor's crew, I'd think Beast Man would come pretty quickly. He's an OG character and still pretty popular in fandom.

I'm personally more partial to Webstor, but he'd probably be waaaaaay down the line as I don't see him popping up in many MOTU conversations or pics.

Stinkor seems to have a pretty decent following (he came to mind because you mentioned Merman).

AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 06:39 PM   #973
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like your choices and even better since you used the 200x designs for them.
I would like to see other characters to be made but I think they are going to release the ones that had more exposure during the Filmation era.
Personally, I don't have room to start getting more MOTU statues, I'm happy with the stactions, the MOTUC action figures and the 4H Skeletor but I'm really enjoying this thread.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2021, 11:57 PM   #974
Frankierock
Omega Red

It’s very hard to really choose…there are so Many cool characters to choose from.
Would love to see a Tung Lashor and Rattlor.
Also a Mosquitor and Stinkor. Couple of my favorites, not including two-bad which I mentioned before. Guys like Trap Jaw, Merman ,Tri clops and Beast man are always mentioned because they are basically must haves.

I think another concept that would be cool is maybe doing something like a Dragon Blaster Skeletor. I’ve heard there is a possibility we get to see some battle armor. That’s also another must have.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 12:48 PM   #975
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Took View Post
there's a Beast Man 1/5 scale coming from a 3rd party... and after that some others.
I think I know who you're talking about, but I don't know how much we can discuss that here.

Quote:
I like your choices and even better since you used the 200x designs for them.
I would like to see other characters to be made but I think they are going to release the ones that had more exposure during the Filmation era.
Personally, I don't have room to start getting more MOTU statues, I'm happy with the stactions, the MOTUC action figures and the 4H Skeletor but I'm really enjoying this thread.
Yeah, this Legends line is a realistic take on MOTU... the 200X designs tend to be the closest versions to that ideal.

But true... characters mostly shown in the Filmation cartoon are probably the most popular ones within the fandom. Previously I would have also considered the first figures released - 1982 had He-Man (already released, 2.0 soon), Teela (on the way), Man-at-Arms (important character in all versions, but would people really buy him?), Skeletor (already released, 2.0 soon), Stratos (not on the radar), Zodac (not on the radar), Beast Man (strong possibility), Mer-Man (strong possibility), Battle Cat (I personally would love, but currently unsure).

I hear you on space concerns and the stactions rock. I don't collect figures, but those are mostly what's discussed in the MOTU groups. I like seeing what's available and the comparisons of the same character in different lines over the years. Fun to see discussed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
It’s very hard to really choose…there are so Many cool characters to choose from.
Would love to see a Tung Lashor and Rattlor.
The best two Snake Men certainly deserve to make it to this line! Also an opportunity to add more pics...

Quote:
Also a Mosquitor and Stinkor. Couple of my favorites, not including two-bad which I mentioned before. Guys like Trap Jaw, Merman ,Tri clops and Beast man are always mentioned because they are basically must haves.
I know Pixel Dan is a huge fan of Mosquitor as well, so I'm sure he's asking about him to Chad and Dave as often as he can. Somehow this one missed me as a kid. As a fan of the character, do you think something like this would work?

I'd guess Stinkor would be on the list above but near Stratos and Zodak. Trap Jaw is a sure thing... Beast Man and Merman are high probables. Dunno about Tri-Klops. Another important character in every version of the franchise, but kinda visually dull.

Quote:
I think another concept that would be cool is maybe doing something like a Dragon Blaster Skeletor. I’ve heard there is a possibility we get to see some battle armor. That’s also another must have.
Yeah, both of those are possible options with a lot of potential. The shoulder dragon as an optional switch-out could be a really fun touch.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 02:23 PM   #976
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Man E Faces with THREE swap out heads! This is a must!
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 03:27 PM   #977
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

The Sorceress I want 😍
Yellowbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:07 PM   #978
Pendragon3000
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I hear you on space concerns and the stactions rock. I don't collect figures, but those are mostly what's discussed in the MOTU groups. I like seeing what's available and the comparisons of the same character in different lines over the years. Fun to see discussed.
True. I was so upset when the mini-statues were cancelled, especially after they showed Faker and Kobra Khan. I prefer statues over action figures, I wouldn't have bought the MOTU Classics if the mini statues continued but the 4H did a fantastic job and I was able to get all the vintage characters released with modern standards.

I would like to see TH's take on Fisto, Jitsu, Snake Face and Leech. That Mosquitos you posted is awesome by the way.
Pendragon3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 04:30 PM   #979
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I know Pixel Dan is a huge fan of Mosquitor as well, so I'm sure he's asking about him to Chad and Dave as often as he can. Somehow this one missed me as a kid. As a fan of the character, do you think something like this would work?

Imagine if they could rig it up to have liquid (blood) pumping through the chest like the old action figure.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 06:10 PM   #980
Thor57
Teen Titans

You guys are fooling yourselves if you think you’re getting Mosquitor. Hordak, who is top tier important to the lore, hasnt even sold out yet. You still have alpha players like Man at Arms, Beastman, Sorceress, Merman all to be made. By time we get those if the line is still going we’ll get rehashes of the core players. We’ll get King Randor before we do Mosquitor and I bet two months pay we’ll never get Randor.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote