Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-02-2022, 02:32 PM   #191
Zombie
The unstoppable force has met the unmovable object

Disney should come out with a show that has one episode a quarter and it's called "previously on marvel" and it has all major plot points needed to watch the following quarters movies/shows. They are over saturating the market and people feel weighed down by HAVING to watch everything in order to know what's going on
Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 03:12 PM   #192
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
Disney should come out with a show that has one episode a quarter and it's called "previously on marvel" and it has all major plot points needed to watch the following quarters movies/shows. They are over saturating the market and people feel weighed down by HAVING to watch everything in order to know what's going on
Yeah, for example me. I am no casual, i saw every MCU film in theathers. But i don't watch TV Shows. It is scary the emount of time, i need to spend to watch all the Marvel TV Shows at this point anyway.

Agents of Shield, Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica jones, Iron Fist, Inhumans, Clock and Dagger, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, Wandavision, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, What if, She Hulk

Did i miss any ? The amount of time required to watch all of these shows is just crazy. I have no intention of even start to try.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 05:56 PM   #193
VaultMan
Advanced Tweet Mechanic
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Knight View Post
Yeah, for example me. I am no casual, i saw every MCU film in theathers. But i don't watch TV Shows. It is scary the emount of time, i need to spend to watch all the Marvel TV Shows at this point anyway.

Agents of Shield, Punisher, Daredevil, Jessica jones, Iron Fist, Inhumans, Clock and Dagger, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, Wandavision, Hawkeye, Ms. Marvel, Moon Knight, What if, She Hulk

Did i miss any ? The amount of time required to watch all of these shows is just crazy. I have no intention of even start to try.
Agreed. Just like I don?t attempt to read all the titles, even when I was at the LCS weekly!

There?s a lot here I haven?t seen. Never finished MK, liked Loki, like Falcon and WS a lot, Hawkeye was great, DD is religion and I passed on the rest
VaultMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2022, 08:53 PM   #194
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I?m a fan of this show, but the last episode was such a drag. I liked where it was going but didn?t like how they got there. Soooo slow AND stupid.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 06:40 AM   #195
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I?m a fan of this show, but the last episode was such a drag. I liked where it was going but didn?t like how they got there. Soooo slow AND stupid.
Yeah, I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing those characters existed in that episode.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:15 PM   #196
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Absolutely agree. Again, this series should have been a 1 hour 40 minute movie instead of a 9 episode series with a lot of needless fluff.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #197
nearmint
Phoenix

It's funny, she had that exchange with Bruce in the first episode where she turned down the superhero life. In most superhero films, she'd be dragged back into it, but here, she's sort of kept to her initial impulse.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 08:15 PM   #198
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
They are over saturating the market and people feel weighed down by HAVING to watch everything in order to know what's going on
Do people really feel an obligation to keep up with these things? This goes for any pop culture, in general. You can check out of it all, at any time.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:34 PM   #199
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Do people really feel an obligation to keep up with these things? This goes for any pop culture, in general. You can check out of it all, at any time.
I skipped 90 percent of the shows except for a select few while keeping up with the movies. I'm a fan of She Hulk so I was eagerly awaiting this one, sadly it's awful. Horrible writing and agendas aside, I don't see anything that's been presented on the show being must see for however she's gonna fit into the movies. I guess maybe the spaceship and Bruce?

In any case I'll use a catch up video online when the time comes.
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:48 PM   #200
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Sometimes, if not often (given the material they have to work with) the fan recaps tell the story better, and are more entertaining, for a fraction of the time. I drop any show for any reason whatsoever. A healthy sense of detachment and a light hearted head canon is where it's at.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote