Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-02-2021, 04:24 AM   #2701
CoJe
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
Just don't buy it bro, these are luxury item's and nobody is forcing you to buy it.
I know it's my love for Predator making me want to buy it. This looks and feels like the ultimate piece along with the main 1/3 statue that I already PO'ed. But I could buy a lot with $900 bucks and I don't know how the price for the bust could get any higher on the after market.
CoJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:29 AM   #2702
Exorcist
The X-Men

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoJe View Post
I know it's my love for Predator making me want to buy it. This looks and feels like the ultimate piece along with the main 1/3 statue that I already PO'ed. But I could buy a lot with $900 bucks and I don't know how the price for the bust could get any higher on the after market.
If you have the funds go for it, enjoy the statue. If you cannot? Enjoy the DX version, it already is perfect as it was
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 04:55 AM   #2703
CoJe
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exorcist View Post
If you have the funds go for it, enjoy the statue. If you cannot? Enjoy the DX version, it already is perfect as it as
Haha that is definitely true this was gonna be my last statue piece and most definitely the ultimate one. I'll decide eventually if I will get the bust or if it somehow gets sold out before i can make a decision.
CoJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:46 AM   #2704
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Ordered. Way to much for the 1/3 bust. Ordered just the same.
Right now I think I will put the City Hunter 1/3 on hold. I can see what Prime 1 are doing with the price gouging.
I'm Ok with this but its going to have a 1/3 City hunter left on the store shelve. Should be cheaper Prime1. With a closed mouth and Damaged mask set since they are the only 2 that fit the statue. Facepalm. Whatever.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 07:47 AM   #2705
Zoldner
Fantastic Four

Ordered Closed mouth... Way to much for the 1/3 bust. Ordered just the same.
Right now I think I will put the City Hunter 1/3 on hold. I can see what Prime 1 are doing with the price gouging.
I'm Ok with this but its going to have a 1/3 City hunter left on the store shelve. Should be cheaper Prime1. With a closed mouth and Damaged mask set since they are the only 2 that fit the statue. Facepalm. Whatever.

How much do you want to bet they do the same with the City Hunter 1/3 and Breather Mask. Lets wait and see.
Zoldner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #2706
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

To give them the benefit of the doubt, prices everywhere (not statues, but just in general) have risen 10%-40% it seems like since the Joker bust was contracted. And this is a pretty massive bust at, what, 30cm, tall? I’m guessing (and hoping) that there are different kinds of contracts they sign with painters: 1. The budget one where it’s “good enough” and cheap/quick and 2. Premium, where the painter spends more time to perfect it/reduce QA issues.

If wages/prices have risen (they have), and Prime 1 is trying to get the best paint job they can within reason, then I can see the price being warranted (as much as I hate to say that). Now, if an inferior product is delivered, then this is all moot and we’ve basically all been taken for a ride.

1-2 year gamble, then?
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 08:36 AM   #2707
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Double
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 09:51 AM   #2708
SirSunset99
Fantastic Four

terrible price-it is inexcusable to me, regardless of the rising prices. No consideration at all for those that just spent $3K+ on the statue. Everybody knows that the closed mouth portrait is what we're all after-should we really trust them after how sloppy they were on the unmasked portraits for their 1:4?
SirSunset99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 11:56 AM   #2709
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirSunset99 View Post
terrible price-it is inexcusable to me, regardless of the rising prices. No consideration at all for those that just spent $3K+ on the statue. Everybody knows that the closed mouth portrait is what we're all after-should we really trust them after how sloppy they were on the unmasked portraits for their 1:4?
1:4 version had the worst paint job ever. Totaly messed up colors and sloppy finish
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 12:41 PM   #2710
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
1:4 version had the worst paint job ever. Totaly messed up colors and sloppy finish
Not to mention a grey patch between the eyebrows for no reason at all.

Unless they're planning on giving ups prototype-level paint apps -- and they don't seem to be able to -- this isn't justifiable. Like Zoldner said, going all-in on this means leaving the rest on the table.

I can't even imagine what the 1/3 City Hunter will cost or whether they'll put as much effort into making it, but I don't know if I'll want it at this rate. The idea of having the Jungle Hunter be a standalone centerpiece is sounding better by the day.

Hell, if I ordered this, I'd immediately resell the bust piece with the Gort portrait to recoup the money. Would've been nice to actually keep it, but a swap makes more sense now. Unfortunately Prime 1 would still get a sale, so they'd win on their end. Ugh.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote