Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-23-2022, 01:23 PM   #441
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

The way I see it, I see this photo and think this is a great choice if you couldn't or didn't get the first version due to size and cost. It is more displayable, it is still a great size and it is way more affordable.

I got their 1/6 scale velociraptor and I don't need the raptors in this one so I'm very happy with this option.

I just hoped they would do something with Warrior Alien and that massive base. I love that piece but a 30x30 inch base is just too much

bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 01:50 PM   #442
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
I just hoped they would do something with Warrior Alien and that massive base. I love that piece but a 30x30 inch base is just too much
Really curious what sales look like for that piece and whether they'll be enough to justify the likely ludicrous production costs. If not, maybe they'll cancel and tease a revamped version at some point?
Blade3327 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 02:15 PM   #443
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Will this be on Sideshow? I know that they have some Prime1 on their site, but not all of them.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 04:05 PM   #444
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
The way I see it, I see this photo and think this is a great choice if you couldn't or didn't get the first version due to size and cost. It is more displayable, it is still a great size and it is way more affordable.

I got their 1/6 scale velociraptor and I don't need the raptors in this one so I'm very happy with this option.

Is this roughly the same size as the Chronicle Collectibles T-Rex Rotunda statue?

I ended up getting the CC statue (instead of Prime 1) last year for budgetary and space reasons.

But now that Prime 1 has shrunk it down and made it more affordable, this version sounds enticing. The P1 paint apps appear to be superior to CC.

I do not know if there is a correlation between weight and quality, but the CC T-Rex statue is surprisingly super lightweight. Whereas, every Prime 1 statue I have ever owned always has some substantial weight to it.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:04 PM   #445
karauak
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Is this roughly the same size as the Chronicle Collectibles T-Rex Rotunda statue?

I ended up getting the CC statue (instead of Prime 1) last year for budgetary and space reasons.

But now that Prime 1 has shrunk it down and made it more affordable, this version sounds enticing. The P1 paint apps appear to be superior to CC.

I do not know if there is a correlation between weight and quality, but the CC T-Rex statue is surprisingly super lightweight. Whereas, every Prime 1 statue I have ever owned always has some substantial weight to it.

Chronicle Rotunda high is 54.6 cm, new Prime1 Rotunda its only 34 cm
karauak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 05:11 PM   #446
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Attachment 147104
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Chronicle is a 1:9 scale and 21.5' inches high while this one is a close to 1:15 at 15 inches high. Besides being smaller, I like it a bit better, I think the base is better and as far as I know CC is hollow inside and I believe P1 will be solid...

Something like the photo below....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trexes.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	255.4 KB
ID:	147105  
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 06:57 PM   #447
Vendetta
The X-Men

Very cool that this is coming out. I could see more stuff moving to smaller scales as prices get out of control (including shipping).
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 07:20 PM   #448
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Can't wait for tomorrow!! Dying for this piece.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 08:22 PM   #449
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

NOOOO tamaboy, please don't die. You still have the Lost World T.rex pair dio eagerly waiting for a prime space in your collection.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2022, 09:43 PM   #450
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
NOOOO tamaboy, please don't die. You still have the Lost World T.rex pair dio eagerly waiting for a prime space in your collection.
I will survive brother, for the sake of that dio lol!!
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote