Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 02-01-2022, 11:25 AM   #421
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
That's pretty disappointing, seems all the other characters they been pushing most have been happy with.

I wonder if this is an example of the "right before Chinese new years rush". These tend to have the most QC misses because they are trying to meet the deadline before the vacations start. Its not just XM it happens with all statue manufactures about this time of year, why I rather hear them say they will postpone until after the new year.
Nah, all their rushed stuff has been like this.

Rogue, Beast, rhino, apocalypse... I own the first two, there's some real QC issues present even though I like both pieces overall.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:32 PM   #422
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

I think you are right, was not a good idea to release this before Chinese New Year, clearly it?s a QC issue and paint rush.. hopefully i I will have a partial refund and will be able to have it repainted? in blue this time!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #423
Davidian
Omega Flight

Ugh, sorry to hear about your Apoc. I put mine on a flex pay plan, so hopefully those of us who get him later won't suffer the same result. I hope you get a fair resolution to this.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 11:53 PM   #424
Danii99
Birdman

Received mine just now & wow this piece is amazing. All this purple/blue talk is nonsense. It is definitely blue, just matters what lighting you use which is the same for many statues. I will post pics when I get a chance
Danii99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:05 AM   #425
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
Received mine just now & wow this piece is amazing. All this purple/blue talk is nonsense. It is definitely blue, just matters what lighting you use which is the same for many statues. I will post pics when I get a chance
A second look/opinion would be appreciated for this. Not that I don?t believe the first poster to receive theirs.
Royalguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 12:07 AM   #426
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Nah, all their rushed stuff has been like this.

Rogue, Beast, rhino, apocalypse... I own the first two, there's some real QC issues present even though I like both pieces overall.
Rogue and beast to a lesser extent where great, my rhino... was very deflating in the paint department.
Old 02-02-2022, 12:21 AM   #427
Three-Seven
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danii99 View Post
Looking forward for your review!
Three-Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 01:02 AM   #428
Walton.Chunky
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
Rogue and beast to a lesser extent where great, my rhino... was very deflating in the paint department.
I just ordered Rhino, so what do I have to look forward to? I know my Green Goblin had an irritating paint issue with a piece on the base, but the character was flawless.
Walton.Chunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 05:40 AM   #429
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalguard View Post
My rogue had a second portrait that looked like she did a bong rip, it's completely unusable. I'll never display it, even if I wanted to.

Beast's paint application is very shoddy and was rushed, I've debated trying to fix it but thankfully he's on a high shelf, so you can't see it from the angle.

I have pics of everything, if you need further proof. So no, they weren't "great", they are a $1000+ dollar statue that's felt very rushed. Sculpts are awesome though and Rogue outside that God awful second portrait is beautiful. The paint is where the problem lies and where the rush job comes in.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 06:01 AM   #430
Royalguard
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walton.Chunky View Post
I just ordered Rhino, so what do I have to look forward to? I know my Green Goblin had an irritating paint issue with a piece on the base, but the character was flawless.
Rhino has an awesome sculpt but by far the worst paint job I?ve seen (own) on an XM piece. It doesn?t match the Proto even in the slightest. Pics only tell half the story with that one. Of course like anything else this is subjective. Just my opinion.