Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-04-2019, 07:42 AM   #1
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Collectors Row Inc.

Have anyone bought from them? If yes what was your experience. Need some opinions.

Thanks in advance.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Have anyone bought from them? If yes what was your experience. Need some opinions.

Thanks in advance.
Funny you should bring that up...

I did buy the Tweeterhead Superman Exclusive from him. It arrived quickly, but, of course, it had it's issues. I had checked with Debbie prior to buying elsewhere to see if it would be safe to buy the exclusive (I had tried getting it through TH and was supposed to be on a "list" if extras were available, but ended up being passed over) - mainly that I would be covered if it had the same issues everyone else was reporting (at this time, Chad had not announced the full run redo). Debbie told me they would take care of it even if I bought elsewhere, so I went for it just to make sure I had an exclusive.

After Chad announced the re-do, Debbie suggested I go through Collector's Row to arrange for the replacement since all retailers would be getting the new stock. Collector's Row initially offered for me to keep the current statue and just give me a discount on the redo when it arrived, which I was not interested in, of course (buying it twice?). Debbie and Chad do know the owner of Collector's Row, though, and Debbie vouched for him. Debbie got involved and Collector's Row did agree to send me the re-do once it arrived. Back then, Debbie was saying that arrival would be in a few months (April).

But, the test is now here as the re-do is arriving. I tried contacting Collector's Row directly via e-mail a week ago once I heard Sideshow had received the new stock. No response. I tried sending a PM via this forum a couple of days ago (Bryan had posted a couple of times in a couple of threads recently looking for business). No response yet, although I'm ok with no response for a couple of days. A week, though.... I knew I was going out on a limb by not just returning it. But, I also felt more comfortable since I still believed that Debbie/Chad would bail me out if Collector's Row didn't end up coming through. But, with Debbie gone and the reports in this forum of TH being non-responsive, I am starting to get worried.... Gwen and Chad were going to be my next stop if I am not able to reach Collector's Row.

I'm not ready to write off Collector's Row or anything - Bryan was definitely responsive around the initial time of purchase and I would not worry about not getting product (he does share a warehouse with Chad) and he and Chad do seem to know each other. My scenario is just a weird scenario that requires follow-up 10 months after purchase. I am assuming the new Superman statues haven't even arrived to Chad's warehouse yet. I'm currently just looking for some confirmation that Collector's Row is aware that there are replacements to send out....
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:07 AM   #3
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post

I did buy the Tweeterhead Superman Exclusive from him. It arrived quickly, but, of course, it had it's issues. I had checked with Debbie prior to buying elsewhere to see if it would be safe to buy the exclusive (I had tried getting it through TH and was supposed to be on a "list" if extras were available, but ended up being passed over) - mainly that I would be covered if it had the same issues everyone else was reporting (at this time, Chad had not announced the full run redo). Debbie told me they would take care of it even if I bought elsewhere, so I went for it just to make sure I had an exclusive.

After Chad announced the re-do, Debbie suggested I go through Collector's Row to arrange for the replacement since all retailers would be getting the new stock. Collector's Row initially offered for me to keep the current statue and just give me a discount on the redo when it arrived, which I was not interested in, of course (buying it twice?). Debbie and Chad do know the owner of Collector's Row, though, and Debbie vouched for him. Debbie got involved and Collector's Row did agree to send me the re-do once it arrived. Back then, Debbie was saying that arrival would be in a few months (April).

But, the test is now here as the re-do is arriving. I tried contacting Collector's Row directly via e-mail a week ago once I heard Sideshow had received the new stock. No response. I tried sending a PM via this forum a couple of days ago (Bryan had posted a couple of times in a couple of threads recently looking for business). No response yet, although I'm ok with no response for a couple of days. A week, though.... I knew I was going out on a limb by not just returning it. But, I also felt more comfortable since I still believed that Debbie/Chad would bail me out if Collector's Row didn't end up coming through. But, with Debbie gone and the reports in this forum of TH being non-responsive, I am starting to get worried.... Gwen and Chad were going to be my next stop if I am not able to reach Collector's Row.

I'm not ready to write off Collector's Row or anything - Bryan was definitely responsive around the initial time of purchase and I would not worry about not getting product (he does share a warehouse with Chad) and he and Chad do seem to know each other. My scenario is just a weird scenario that requires follow-up 10 months after purchase. I am assuming the new Superman statues haven't even arrived to Chad's warehouse yet. I'm currently just looking for some confirmation that Collector's Row is aware that there are replacements to send out....
The exclusive will be a little while longer as they are still working on engineering of the cape over the exclusive head to avoid rubs. jus sayin'
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:57 AM   #4
AlexT

Quote:

Thanks. I have no prior experience with them so just looking for opinions.
Old 10-04-2019, 02:56 PM   #5
FJC
Midnighter

I've only purchased one item from Collectors Row. It was the Ex Joker MAQ. It arrived quickly and in great shape. My lone transaction with them was positive and very smooth.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I've only purchased one item from Collectors Row. It was the Ex Joker MAQ. It arrived quickly and in great shape. My lone transaction with them was positive and very smooth.
Thanks. Just waiting on invoice from them and I will join (very late) the WW EX party.
Old 10-04-2019, 09:07 PM   #7
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
Thanks. Just waiting on invoice from them and I will join (very late) the WW EX party.
No problem. I hope she arrives minty fresh for you.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2019, 11:15 PM   #8
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:

... No response yet, although I'm ok with no response for a couple of days. A week, though....

Bryan was definitely responsive around the initial time of purchase...
Weird, I've had similar luck with correspondence recently.

Purchased from them last month for the first time. It arrived in Australia in a timely and safe manner. I'd have no problem purchasing from them again. In fact, I was looking to do so.

I emailed Bryan with thanks and a general enquiry after receiving the order. Received a response the same day but subsequent emails to him (one and two weeks ago) have yet to see a reply. It's like he disappeared. I hope he's alright.
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:45 PM   #9
AlexT

Just received Wonder Woman from Collectors Row. No issues. Highly recommended.
Old 10-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #10
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhistlingTime View Post
I emailed Bryan with thanks and a general enquiry after receiving the order. Received a response the same day but subsequent emails to him (one and two weeks ago) have yet to see a reply. It's like he disappeared. I hope he's alright.
I did hear from him today, so maybe he was just away or busy for a week.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote