Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-04-2024, 08:36 PM   #711
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
My wife witnessed a FED EX driver doing exactly that with a piece being delivered to our house. She loudly told him to stop doing that.
I watched a UPS driver do that with one of the larger Light Year Studio figures (Fallen Inferno)...I was probably the last drop of the day and I watched that dude just toss my box out of the back of the truck then roll it end over end onto a dolly.....it even fell off the dolly when he, instead of just going a few feet over to the driveway to get up on the sidewalk, just decided to try and lug it up the curb. The box tipped over and fell onto the street. I filmed it and sent it to UPS claims right away. It was like the dude was purposefully trying to wreck my stuff.

I was lucky that Spec had one available cause the one i got from overseas got totally wrecked by that UPS driver.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 12:09 AM   #712
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

We can only imagine how widespread such behaviour is among such couriers.

When you think about it, between some factory in China, and the many different hands it passes through before it gets to us, it’s kind of a miracle that any of our pieces arrive in one piece.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 05:24 AM   #713
StefanCo
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
it?s kind of a miracle that any of our pieces arrive in one piece.

It is since most outer boxes of everything I order online arrive damaged.
StefanCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:18 AM   #714
BigMo
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

This absolutely sounds like it was unpacked for inspection and then repacked poorly to cause the damage. Customs do this all the time, that Catwoman crate is designed to get you your statue in one piece.
BigMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:54 AM   #715
ukshaun
Hercules

I have experienced twice customs opening statues and not packing or taping or bagging them up correctly. Once of those pieces arrived broken. The broken also had a numbered at card missing (stolen by customs?).
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 09:07 AM   #716
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

That's absolutely awful. I, too, am guessing that it was opened by customs and then poorly repackaged, and that's how it ended up getting so beat up.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 09:36 AM   #717
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Just to clarify, I opened it up when I received it from Spec Fiction and all those scratches, and the damage were not present. I would not have listed it otherwise. I would have worked something out with Todd instead. Unless there's customs between CT and CA maybe it's that.

Both UPS drivers were whining because of the size and the wheels. It was too hard to get around it in their trucks. When I received it, the box was upright on its side. I mentioned the wheel brakes and the guy looked clueless. The guy that picked it up was complaining to his boss because he was going to the Clinton Outlets (think mall) to pick all their mail up and it was in his way. In an empty truck. Said it right in front of me.

I marked the top of the box as to where the brakes were and that it was fragile and should always be the correct side up. It happens. I'm more irritated about that random surcharge UPS did over the weekend. You don't just take money out of someone's account without notification and a blank PDF. Catwoman I can make back over the year.

Our USPS carriers just got new vans and ditched the weird little vehicles they've used for ages in my town. I have a camera pointing down my drive to know when they are leaving something at the garage. Two weeks ago, I was watching the carrier throw good size square box packages from the front to the back of the van without a care in the world.

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone in the good fight Iko.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 10:02 AM   #718
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Oh, so you got it first and opened and inspected it. I figured maybe it was a pre-order you sold that was shipped direct from China to the buyer. I hope everything works out with this.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:08 PM   #719
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Oh, so you got it first and opened and inspected it. I figured maybe it was a pre-order you sold that was shipped direct from China to the buyer. I hope everything works out with this.
I'm sure it came from China to Spec but everything seemed fine when I popped the top open to inspect at my house. I assume the pod motor broke off or popped out and is still in the box. The buyer didn't want to delve further and make a bigger mess in case UPS wanted to inspect it. Not blaming SF and the buyer has been a champ. He even said what's the point of offering insurance if the company won't honor it.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 01:15 PM   #720
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I'm sure it came from China to Spec but everything seemed fine when I popped the top open to inspect at my house. I assume the pod motor broke off or popped out and is still in the box. The buyer didn't want to delve further and make a bigger mess in case UPS wanted to inspect it. Not blaming SF and the buyer has been a champ. He even said what's the point of offering insurance if the company won't honor it.
People have been saying for awhile now, that getting insurance isn’t worth the time or money; as the shipping companies often don’t honour it anyway, as they always try to wriggle out of it.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote