Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-20-2021, 11:06 AM   #1
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Expectation on Waitlists

Hi guys!

I have a wait list for Paladin of the Dead PF and The Punisher PF and I haven't collected Sideshow for a few years now and I was wondering what would my expectations be when it comes down to have one of those convert to an order nowadays.

I know it is a tricky question because one can never know for sure but it would be nice to hear from people if they had their waitlist fulfilled or not.

Cheers

E.
bearmdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:19 AM   #2
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Had my Prime1 Alien Dog convert after a year on the waitlist through Sideshow. Was thrilled when I got the email. Had forgotten all about it as well. Good luck to you, it happens.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 12:08 PM   #3
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Hi guys!

I have a wait list for Paladin of the Dead PF and The Punisher PF and I haven't collected Sideshow for a few years now and I was wondering what would my expectations be when it comes down to have one of those convert to an order nowadays.

I know it is a tricky question because one can never know for sure but it would be nice to hear from people if they had their waitlist fulfilled or not.

Cheers

E.
I’ve had waitlists fulfilled many times. I tend to just forget about ordering things then notice oh crap, it’s on waitlist I meant to buy this. I’ve had a few fall through but most times I catch the list early and convert.

My biggest win was years ago. Times are different, but I still consider White Storm from way back my best conversion since there were only 150 and it sold out quick. It was a surprise drop and I was working retail at the time (yuck, so happy that’s not my life anymore). When it converted everybody said “it’s a return”, and watch out for damages but it arrived with no issues whatsoever and one of the best paint jobs I had up until that point. Now that I think about it all of my waitlist conversions turn out perfect whereas my preorders I have no clue what’s going to show up.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 01:05 PM   #4
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
I’ve had waitlists fulfilled many times. I tend to just forget about ordering things then notice oh crap, it’s on waitlist I meant to buy this. I’ve had a few fall through but most times I catch the list early and convert.

My biggest win was years ago. Times are different, but I still consider White Storm from way back my best conversion since there were only 150 and it sold out quick. It was a surprise drop and I was working retail at the time (yuck, so happy that’s not my life anymore). When it converted everybody said “it’s a return”, and watch out for damages but it arrived with no issues whatsoever and one of the best paint jobs I had up until that point. Now that I think about it all of my waitlist conversions turn out perfect whereas my preorders I have no clue what’s going to show up.
Well, that's nice to hear, although I'm aware that might not be the case with my Waitlists. Paladin ES was only 500 but Punisher was 2000 so we will see.... actually I just noticed that Paladin is on my "wish List" not waitlist.... That's a bit hard to get

One can only hope I guess

Thank you
Old 04-20-2021, 01:15 PM   #5
SDguy

I haven't done a ton of waitlists, so my data pool is small. But every one I jumped on quickly has converted, and none of the ones I jumped on really late have converted. There will be outliers I am sure, but this is how I would set my expectations.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:07 PM   #6
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I just had an art print convert unexpectedly. It had been available for a while and shipped immediately, but one popped up from somewhere and it converted a month later.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:41 PM   #7
Augen
Metal Men

Not had one convert personally. Still holding out on that Psylocke variant...
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:46 PM   #8
Yellowbeast
Sinister Six

Wait listed a few items. No luck so far. Depends on edition size, popularity and when you wait listed.
Yellowbeast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 04:30 PM   #9
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Hi guys!

Cheers

E.
I've had better luck with SS pieces and SS art prints converting than third party stuff. Most of the time I've jumped on the waitlist too late so it's become more of a crapshoot.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 05:12 PM   #10
bearmdel
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalblue02 View Post
I've had better luck with SS pieces and SS art prints converting than third party stuff. Most of the time I've jumped on the waitlist too late so it's become more of a crapshoot.
Yes, that is my fear because I just got on the waitlist for The Punisher PF and on the "Wishlist" for Paladin Of the Dead which I think it will remain a wish...

One can only hope