Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 04-16-2021, 08:45 PM   #41
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Prime 1 and F4F are slow burns. They handle so many IPs and do so many random scales and merch that you can't really expect to get much out of any one line unless you wait many years. It is just what it is. These companies always toss out the teasers super early on to see if people are interested. They probably do this before even beginning the sculpt and design process. F4F also has a huge money maker with their Nintendo IPs so I can't imagine to see more than one SC statue every two or three years.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 10:56 PM   #42
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Whatever works for them, but I don't think they are making the most prudent decision by abandoning their "core" lines, and hence collectors who gave them their start.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 01:23 AM   #43
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I wouldn't say this is a core line. It also probably isn't a very profitable one so I'm glad they haven't given up on it at the very least. F4F first started getting big from their Sonic and Nintendo stuff, like that old school Samus statue of theirs. Expanding more and more into Nintendo IPs makes perfect sense for them.
Old 04-17-2021, 01:28 PM   #44
MegatronG1
The X-Men

No one comes out to say that they stopped working on a line, but rather to quietly let that license run out, to squeeze whatever goodwill out of us, in the hopes we buy a Yu-Gi-Oh PVC or something.

The problem with Nintendo is that it's really just for the "New" SMB and Breath of the Wild. How long must we wait for the next Ocarina of Time polystone statue? F4F will never give us a straight answer, so it's best to assume that they're more focused on whatever they do these days - cheap high margin merch (PVCs, jewelry, T-shirts) not unlike Sideshow. I'm sure F4F means well, and still appear to be the most fan-centric company, but I'm not holding my breath for Ivy.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:13 PM   #45
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
No one comes out to say that they stopped working on a line, but rather to quietly let that license run out, to squeeze whatever goodwill out of us, in the hopes we buy a Yu-Gi-Oh PVC or something.

Exactly.
Extending endless grace to these companies while they try to figure out whichever is the hottest iron is oh so tiresome.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 08:05 PM   #46
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Ivy might rekindle interest in this line if that was the issue. She's popular enough and her design is eye catching for a number of reasons. Following her up with Sophitia and Cervantes would be a good move too imo. Thinking about it some more, I am a little annoyed she hasn't at least hit preorder. Her sculpt was teased a long time ago.
Old 04-18-2021, 10:14 PM   #47
First4Figures
First 4 Figures
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post

The problem with Nintendo is that it's really just for the "New" SMB and Breath of the Wild. How long must we wait for the next Ocarina of Time polystone statue? F4F will never give us a straight answer, so it's best to assume that they're more focused on whatever they do these days - cheap high margin merch (PVCs, jewelry, T-shirts) not unlike Sideshow. I'm sure F4F means well, and still appear to be the most fan-centric company, but I'm not holding my breath for Ivy.
Ivy is absolutely still coming, no doubt whatsoever. We plan to have more than twice as many statues launched this year as in 2020 or 2019, and even more than that next year. There will be plenty of products that fans have been waiting for—like Ivy—over the course of the next year or so.

We try to be as transparent as we possibly can be with fans about our projects, but at the end of the day, there are things we simply cannot share, no matter how much we may want to. We will continue to do our best to share what we able to when we are able to.

And don’t worry: we produce jewelry or T-Shirts—those are items we distribute for Torch Torch that have no effect on our own projects. We have many many many statues (both resin and PVC) moving through development.
First4Figures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:25 AM   #48
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by First4Figures View Post
Ivy is absolutely still coming, no doubt whatsoever. We plan to have more than twice as many statues launched this year as in 2020 or 2019, and even more than that next year. There will be plenty of products that fans have been waiting for—like Ivy—over the course of the next year or so.

We try to be as transparent as we possibly can be with fans about our projects, but at the end of the day, there are things we simply cannot share, no matter how much we may want to. We will continue to do our best to share what we able to when we are able to.

And don’t worry: we produce jewelry or T-Shirts—those are items we distribute for Torch Torch that have no effect on our own projects. We have many many many statues (both resin and PVC) moving through development.
Awesome news all around. Thank you for posting.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:46 AM   #49
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by First4Figures View Post

Solid. I'm rooting for you guys, so that is why I vent.

It's totally prudent to branch out into other things, within reason of course. F4F has been the most daring when it comes to taking on licenses with nostalgic but questionable sales potential, because fandoms are fickle customers. But I like how you guys stick through it (after crunching the numbers prior to PO, explaining the high rates of sell outs) and get it not only done but with good QC on top of it. Looking forward to my first resin piece from F4F which I have on PO.
Old 04-19-2021, 09:30 PM   #50
Jiggatron69
Hydra

Been waiting for a decent Ivy statue for probably as long as ive been waiting for a Mass Effect 2 Miranda statue at this point.
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote