Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-08-2022, 10:22 PM   #11
azurepred
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Seeing Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic was awesome, after being fan-casted in the role for so many years, it was a nice surprise. Now I'm curious if he'll play Reed in the future, or just for this variant.
I would be shocked if he doesn't continue with the role. It would be a waste to have him just be a cameo when his wife would make a good Sue as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
They better give Krasinski the role of Reed again. I love him as an actor, and more yet, I love his wife as an actress. Plus they fit the physical bills.

Xavier was what I hoped, but not as mentally strong as I would have expected. You mean to tell me he couldn?t have turn Wanda into a vegetable while she was wiping the floor with Captain Carter and Marvel? No matter how he died, it was worth him being there for the split second of musical joy of the XMen theme song.

I think zombie strange looked especially ragged because he was poisoned in the multiverse and already rotting when he got beat up more. That?s at least what I took it to be.

Overall I liked the gore and Raimi style. I like how Wanda just let loose. What I don?t know though is what was the purpose of this movie? To just tie up the loose end from WandaVision (and What If)? A vessel to usher in XMen and FF?

Also, is Wanda dead?
I think this movie is kind of like what Civil War was. It didn't really progress any specific story line, but CW added Spiderman and Black Panther. FF and Xmen now have an official introduction into the MCU it seems unless I'm forgetting something.

No chance Wanda is dead, Olsen has like a new 7 year contract. I loved the horror elements of this movie and Olsen continues to kill it. This movie jumped into my top 3.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 10:42 PM   #12
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don’t think Wanda is dead either, I just wanted to hear some other thoughts before I said mine. People are theorizing that the burst of pink energy was her powers giving out as she died. I’m guessing she ported to someplace else. Also, I didn’t know Olsen inked a new deal.

I never read Strange comics. Can somebody explain to me in the importance of the 3rd eye? And the Minotaur? I know he is a character, but I take it an important one. I can/could Google, but those answers tend to be more sterile.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:12 PM   #13
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

I liked the movie but I had no idea Scarlet Witch was going to be like half the movie, I watched the TV show so it was a bit of more of the same, yeah I get it, she's messed up in the head. LOL Again I liked the movie. But please I hope now she can be more stable and counted on to not flip out. I get that makes for good drama given her monumental powers, but after this I'd appreciate she settle in, I think she got some closure? What do you all think? Or in the comics is this the norm? I only know her from films.
CessnaDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:50 PM   #14
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Wanda is depressed in the comics. She was also manipulated a lot by her brother because she loved him and he loved her (almost to a twisted level IMO). They have dealt with the issue in the comics and I felt did it quite well. They also show that when she gets depressed, she spirals and because she is so powerful it’s extremely dangerous.

In the comics we have the famous House of M and Vision Quest runs. I’m more familiar with House of M, so I will summarize that. She created a happy little world with children and Vision because Peitro told her to so she could be happy. Everybody would be happy. However, Professor X and Magneto made her stop - and she snaps. In the comics she wipes out mutants down to 198 remaining from millions. The movie and WandaVision are loosely based on House of M.

Wanda is a character to love and feel sympathy for. I like her complex mental health paired with her crazy amount of power. Writers have been putting that girl through the wringer since her creation.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 11:57 PM   #15
Y3E
Gen 13

First off, I liked the movie...and didn't like it. This is why I gave it 5 out of 10. I liked how Scarlet Witch showed off her powers, how powerful she was. Olsen, as usual, was fantastic. So was Cumberbatch. I like seeing the llluminati and the actors that played them (except one.)

What I didn't like was how Wanda was portrayed. I know she was possessed by the Darkhold but they made Wanda into a crazy psycho who'd do anything to bring her sons back, even taking the life of another child.

I also didn't like how easily the Illuminati were defeated, especially Black Bolt and Captain Carter. I thought Carter would have been able to avoid the shield...easily. BB, I don't know would he have blown his own head off? Why not blow his mouth open? Reed would have been smarter and not attack Wanda head on like that. And execute their Dr Strange because he used the Darkhold to defeat Thanos? Why not find a way to unpossess him?

Sorry for the rant.

Wanda is definitely not dead. The red explosive light was het probably transporting out.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 03:59 AM   #16
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I need to read House of M. I have never read anyhing with Scarlet Witch in it. Not just because i avoid the character, it is just coinsidence. I tried Mighty Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Astonishing X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Fantastic Four, Wolverine, Moon Knight, Daredevil, Immortal Iron Fist, Punisher on goings for a while as floppies and trades and she wasn't in any of them. And i was like House of M ...pfth must be another crapy earthshaking event...And avoided it But i hear quite the opposite about House of M, everyone who reads it, praises it so i think it is time, i read House of M.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:05 AM   #17
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Seeing Krasinski as Mr. Fantastic was awesome, after being fan-casted in the role for so many years, it was a nice surprise. Now I'm curious if he'll play Reed in the future, or just for this variant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
I would be shocked if he doesn't continue with the role. It would be a waste to have him just be a cameo when his wife would make a good Sue as well.
I’m hoping for the same thing..but I guess it all depends on what they have in mind..
Loki has Variant’s that look like him and plenty that do not.
Maybe them not showing his Wife and family anywhere is a good sign he will return. Because in theory he will be the only one that looks the same as this Variant.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:22 AM   #18
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

OK my girl destroyed the everyone and I was like YES!!!! However, I did not want Professor X to die, that actually made me sad. STOP killing him people! I didn't want Captain Carter to die either but I could not wait for Captain Marvel to die, I absolutely hated her in this because she was too damn cocky. That was not my Captain Marvel. Captain Marvel is like my favorite character along with Emma, Storm, and Scarlet Witch. This movie was freaking amazing and I find myself enjoying Dr. Strange much more when he is with other superheroes and not alone. To be honest, I would have done the same thing Wanda did.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 08:23 AM   #19
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
I don?t think Wanda is dead either, I just wanted to hear some other thoughts before I said mine. People are theorizing that the burst of pink energy was her powers giving out as she died. I?m guessing she ported to someplace else. Also, I didn?t know Olsen inked a new deal.

I never read Strange comics. Can somebody explain to me in the importance of the 3rd eye? And the Minotaur? I know he is a character, but I take it an important one. I can/could Google, but those answers tend to be more sterile.
She's not dead she has her own solo movie coming out.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2022, 09:35 AM   #20
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
She's not dead she has her own solo movie coming out.
How?d that work out for Natasha
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote