Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-26-2022, 04:05 PM   #81
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Just saw it too. Enjoyed it. Not blown away. Thought it was a little...unfocused. Thought there were a few too many contrived situations/chases, mostly having to do with Wanda hobbling slowly towards the protagonists, like a bogeyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
i knew poor Shuma would never be handled appropriately, but man did they completely waste him beyond even my lowest expectations.
By now you know it wasn't Shuma, right? They needed an enemy to suit the story, and could eventually use a more faithful version of Shuma (pending rights issues). Happened with Mandarin, so why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie View Post
So in Loki we saw different versions of Loki. In this every version of a person all look the same.

What's the difference? I'm a bit lost how these are different.
Infinite multiverse. Some universes you exist and look nearly identical; some you look different; and some you don't exist at all.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2022, 12:46 AM   #82
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Watched it yesterday. Thought it was good, not great. Sam Rami made it more of a horror film, which was okay. Danny Elf man’s music is becoming too common sounding. As a long time Scarlet Witch fan from the comics I was sorry to see how she was handled but it made her empathetic and served the story. Just wish I liked the movie more.

My favorite part was The Illuminati. Loved seeing a true comic book version of Black Bolt, including his wings. That was tremendous. Captain Carter, Prof. Xavier and Mr. Fantastic were terrific, as well.

Last edited by wktf; 06-27-2022 at 12:49 AM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:04 PM   #83
Sonic Boom
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

I would say Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch are my favorites from the MCU. For some reason, I waited to see this. I was surprised to see Scarlet Witch as the villain and the whole movie being WandaVision 2 instead of Dr. Strange 2. Some sprinklings of Raimi's Evil Dead style were cool. Really liked the music fight. Of course there was the rainbow stuff (two moms and Chavez's lapel pin) which were just there and added nothing to the story. The cameos were cool. The overall story was kind of weird. I guess the movie was just there to usher in the X-Men, Inhumans, and F4.
5.5/10
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:22 PM   #84
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post

By now you know it wasn't Shuma, right? They needed an enemy to suit the story, and could eventually use a more faithful version of Shuma (pending rights issues). Happened with Mandarin, so why not?
sure, they called him something else, but i think we all know that is as close to Shuma we're ever going to see.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2022, 06:53 PM   #85
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
sure, they called him something else, but i think we all know that is as close to Shuma we're ever going to see.
You never know man. MCU shows no signs of slowing down. Inevitably they'll need more characters/enemies, and then you could even hope for total reboots down the line, where they'd introduce characters all over again. Hell, right now they're going to town on the multiverse concept, so SO many versions of characters could be introduced.
ZenLogikos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 06:32 AM   #86
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
I would say Dr. Strange and Scarlet Witch are my favorites from the MCU. For some reason, I waited to see this. I was surprised to see Scarlet Witch as the villain and the whole movie being WandaVision 2 instead of Dr. Strange 2. Some sprinklings of Raimi's Evil Dead style were cool. Really liked the music fight. Of course there was the rainbow stuff (two moms and Chavez's lapel pin) which were just there and added nothing to the story. The cameos were cool. The overall story was kind of weird. I guess the movie was just there to usher in the X-Men, Inhumans, and F4.
5.5/10
That's actually part of her origin...I mean that's how she is in the comics, sooo yeah. Though the way her mom's died/were taken away in the movie was much less compelling than in the comics.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 09:48 PM   #87
damienjakk
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Really liked this one. I know I'm not in order but this was a much needed cleansing of the pallet after seeing Thor 4 yesterday.

8/10 for me
damienjakk is offline   Reply With Quote