Right now you have another chance.

https://seconds.sideshow.com/collect..._h7RVX_mUb_4Bw
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 01:27 AM   #122
PacMan3000
The Spirit

For those that have this one in person:

1) How's the weight for this statue?

2) How do you feel about the body proportions in real life? Do they arms/hands feel a bit too elongated or big, or does it look just right to the naked eye?
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 02:32 PM   #123
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bitcollector View Post
Received mine, this is a great statue, lot of detail on the suit and has great presence. The unmasked portrait is not too bad and has a good likeness to Chadwick Boseman, specially from the side. Although, they may have overdone it a bit with the gloss on the lips. Unfortunately, mine came damaged out of the box, on the left foot by the back/heel there are white spots where it looks like the paint is peeling or cracking. I have already put in a ticket with Sideshow but otherwise, I would highly recommend this one.
Thank you for sharing these pics and your thoughts!
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 01:53 AM   #124
2bitcollector
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacMan3000 View Post

2) How do you feel about the body proportions in real life? Do they arms/hands feel a bit too elongated or big, or does it look just right to the naked eye?
The statue is solid, although I didn't get a chance to actually weigh it prior to boxing it back up for return. Will probably weigh it once I get my replacement.

As far as the proportions, the lankiness in pictures was one of my concerns, however in person the proportions are on point. Not sure if it's the black suit and the pose of him looking up that makes it seem slimmer but in person I didn't notice any lankiness. Was really happy with mine, other than the damage out of the box.
2bitcollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:33 AM   #125
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post
I don?t know, dude? the masked portrait could easily pass as a comic styled version of Black Panther. Why not get it and then if Sideshow releases a BP comic PF, sell this one?

I?m like the devil side of your conscience? Do it? DO IT!!!! LOL

Well Bill, you finally did it, so I did.

Thanks for pointing out the obviously sound collecting strategy, because passing on this, would be a personal collecting miss.

Great sculpt, portraits, line/form, vibe.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 06:03 PM   #126
SwanShadow
Fantastic Four

Quote:

I put mine on a scale -- it's 18.6 pounds. It's definitely one of the heftier pieces in my collection, although a lot of the weight is in the base. It feels really solid.

Quote:
To my eye, it looks just right. The sculpt depicts a strong, athletic man who's wiry rather than bulky. That's definitely appropriate to the physical portrayal of Chadwick Boseman, who was not a massive guy. It also feels right for a character whose hero persona is feline.
SwanShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2023, 07:16 PM   #127
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Popcultcha (Australia) has received their allotment. For some reason I thought it’ll take a bit longer, but I guess it has been out for about 2 months from Sideshow.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2023, 08:25 AM   #128
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Lehecka View Post

It looks like there is no exclusive. So two head portraits.

Sadly starting to think, that this magnificent creature had already gone extinct, as I had to dig way too deeply for this thread, which seemed to be already buried for dead? WTF?

Anyhow, after way too long a roam, this king cat finally decided to find his way home. Some thoughts.

It's already all been said by others, & I agree. Classic pose, great anatomy, excellent harmonizing base, balanced, detailed, presence, portraits, clean.

The standouts are the flawless anatomy, line/form, and surprisingly the ever so subtle sense of motion/movement, culminating within those wickedly sculpted clawed fingers/hands, projecting the pending pounce to come. Great stuff.

Even from across a dimly lit room, the regal presence/shadow of this cat sculpt will loom,.............................long, & large.

A work of art, great sculpt.

P.S. A shoutout to Bill for the collecting nudge, & showing the way. Allowing for a very cool cat collecting day.
Old 04-16-2023, 10:52 AM   #129
Onewiththeforce
Deadman

In my opinion this piece is beautifully sculpted and has a very good likeness to the late Chadwick Boseman. If I were to get this piece I would display him on a shelf or case on his own with no other pieces around him. I feel like the pose and overall “feel” of the piece is that it was made as a “shrine” type of piece. It has a very regal and presentational feel about it that I think other pieces might take away a little of it’s commanding attention. Chadwick did a great job representing a live action Black Panther and I feel this statue is a very fine way to honor him from a collector’s perspective.
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 07:59 AM   #130
Divo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onewiththeforce View Post
In my opinion this piece is beautifully sculpted and has a very good likeness to the late Chadwick Boseman. If I were to get this piece I would display him on a shelf or case on his own with no other pieces around him. I feel like the pose and overall ?feel? of the piece is that it was made as a ?shrine? type of piece. It has a very regal and presentational feel about it that I think other pieces might take away a little of it?s commanding attention. Chadwick did a great job representing a live action Black Panther and I feel this statue is a very fine way to honor him from a collector?s perspective.

After a 48 hour set-up & assessment, you're right. This sculpt literally represents the actor in costume, down to the last muscle, tendon, & bone. A concise, truly classic sculpt/pose, with a deceptively minimalistic concept that works,..................flawlessly.

Though i have to go masked, the unmasked portrait is way better in person, (not being washed-out by harsh lights), allowing appreciation for the fine detailing within the face. Well done.

And this sculpt, if anything, is a showcased celebration of the unlimited range digital sculpting has now made possible.

The fine, interwoven, hyper detailing within the costume are mind numbing, as even the finest of details are achieved cleanly, ultra crisp. Incredible, and so mouthwateringly waiting for things to come, as the limitations are now none. What fun.