Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 02-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #171
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post

I used to be a big proponent for Sideshow's Alien and Predator stuff. I still have their earlier stuff like Wolf 1:1 bust, Predalien Maquette, a bunch of bios, etc. I guess because they were the only ones making the Alien/Predator stuff, I kind of overlooked how bad they really were. For example, Sideshow used paper for lenses in one of their earlier bios. I eventually wised up and stopped buying their Alien/Predator stuff a few years ago, and I'm glad I'm making the switch over to Prime 1.
SS did have some nice stuff, like the pred maquette is quite well done even in paint. I don't really like most of the rest though. The wolf bust is well done but the dreads are so freaking small. The p1 bust was pretty well done too
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2019, 10:43 PM   #172
Gianco
X-Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'd still love to see Sideshow get their act together with this license and compete (competition is good) But what Prime 1 and Infinity are putting out is in a whole different league currently....
I must be some kind of masochist asking this, where can I see Infinity work? Thanks Python!
Gianco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 AM   #173
67L88Stingray
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post

I used to be a big proponent for Sideshow's Alien and Predator stuff. I still have their earlier stuff like Wolf 1:1 bust, Predalien Maquette, a bunch of bios, etc. I guess because they were the only ones making the Alien/Predator stuff, I kind of overlooked how bad they really were. For example, Sideshow used paper for lenses in one of their earlier bios. I eventually wised up and stopped buying their Alien/Predator stuff a few years ago, and I'm glad I'm making the switch over to Prime 1.
They made a few gems back in the day, but not much worth owning in the last 8+ years. Hopefully with the competition they do up their game to compete, but I would be surprised.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:02 AM   #174
marcxvii
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
The unmasked head would look better if he was screaming
Did we see the unmasked HS ?
marcxvii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 01:10 AM   #175
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianco View Post
I must be some kind of masochist asking this, where can I see Infinity work? Thanks Python!
Matt (Python) is sleepy-byes right now - so I'll do a bad impression - here ya go - http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=165281

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcxvii View Post
Did we see the unmasked HS ?
Only the masked head has been shown so far on this Prime 1 piece.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:56 AM   #176
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
I'd still love to see Sideshow get their act together with this license and compete (competition is good) But what Prime 1 and Infinity are putting out is in a whole different league currently....
Agreed.
Phil the sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 10:21 AM   #177
jaguargod
Sailor Moon

SS won't compete in this arena until they get new art direction. SS Art Direction is why every Predator has a leg up pose, and is almost intentionally inaccurate. They claimed to have a Pred "super fan" consulting on their City Hunter maquette, and it was still all kinds of wrong. They do not have an eye for the details, nor do they care.
jaguargod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:26 AM   #178
Cromulon
Justice League

The only one to compete with this line at this point is Infinity Studios.
Cromulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:40 AM   #179
HeavyMetalSpike
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Location: Vancouver, Canada (ex-pat UK - Birmingham & Scotland!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaguargod View Post
SS won't compete in this arena until they get new art direction. SS Art Direction is why every Predator has a leg up pose, and is almost intentionally inaccurate. They claimed to have a Pred "super fan" consulting on their City Hunter maquette, and it was still all kinds of wrong. They do not have an eye for the details, nor do they care.
Agree 100%.

They've had YEARS to get things right.

Don't have an art direction team working on a franchise if they have repeatedly proved they are incapable of producing.

Any other company would have given the boot to employees that consistently performed that badly.

HeavyMetalSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 11:55 AM   #180
daz1999
Mephisto

The sad part is SS are capable of producing something brilliant, but it doesn’t happen very often theses days, last SS piece I bought was six years ago and I buy quite a lot ,i use to buy pretty much exclusively with SS, not anymore, I know where my money is going these days
daz1999 is offline   Reply With Quote