Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-26-2022, 09:39 AM   #191
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I Like it and I don't often say tht about Batman statues. I usually find something wrong with them that I can't get past. Like with every Batman Sideshow has ever done, excluding the recent 1:3 bust with a pose similar to this.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 01:44 PM   #192
KVC1986
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanizor View Post
If they do the blue and gray version with swappable emblems including the classic oval yellow one, most likely I'm gonna bite the bullet and pre-order him as well.
Idk from the looks of it the emblem doesnt look swappable. Which sucks cause I'd like they yellow emblem too
KVC1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 03:12 PM   #193
AC_808
Hercules

Can TH still change WW's base tho?

If it's too late, then they may not have any choice but to increase the height on Batman's base.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:15 PM   #194
WhistlingTime
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
For the love of all that is statue collecting holy, do NOT raise that base Tweeterhead. Don't do it.

Wonder Woman's base is too tall. Superman's is just right. He is flying so it gives nice height. Aquaman is riding a wave, so elevation makes sense. Making a tall building to make a tall building is the WW scenario again - NOT NEEDED.

You know how you solve the problem of Batman looking small?? - fix Wonder Woman's base
Exactly.

Saying they're going to make it taller is very telling. Clearly, someone has made the (in my opinion) flawed decision to give all of these similar heights.

If anyone gets a chance to ask Chad/Igo, I'd love to understand the logic behind that choice.

I can only imagine they’re tailoring the art-direction/design specifically to a gallery-style display like at SDCC (i.e. each figure standing inline and spaced apart). A bit unfortunate for those of us preferring a more clustered display where visual interest/depth is aided by a variety in heights.

I know we're just a small representation of the customer-base but it seems clear here that the preference is to use elevation sparingly and only where appropriate.

Though, I suspect at this point it's a bit like
WhistlingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 06:43 PM   #195
Mechanizor
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVC1986 View Post
Idk from the looks of it the emblem doesnt look swappable. Which sucks cause I'd like they yellow emblem too
Well this is only one their prototypes for this character, and if they wanted to change his base and make it taller, they still can do swappable emblems if they wanted to, and IMHO they should, and it's not that hard to do...
Mechanizor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:24 PM   #196
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I wonder how long before we see it painted.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:40 PM   #197
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I wonder if DC might be mandating the statues height?
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:55 PM   #198
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I wonder if DC might be mandating the statues height?
Really doubt that. Tall Superman, tall Wonder Woman, and shorter Batman might look weird if you only pick up the trinity (like a lot probably will).
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:56 PM   #199
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I like the current height. I wish they would leave that aspect alone.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 12:21 AM   #200
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Really doubt that. Tall Superman, tall Wonder Woman, and shorter Batman might look weird if you only pick up the trinity (like a lot probably will).
It is possible that DC might not be regulating the height but I do know back during Bowens fifth or six phase that he said marvel said that the statues that he made had to be 13 inches tall at least which is why some characters had much taller bases like Polaris and Tigra and Dazzler so the height could be accommodated

I actually think the staggered height can look good I mean you would have wonder woman being the tallest it looks like and then Superman and Batman crouching down. If you think about the super powers Batman Superman and wonder woman wonder woman was about 3 inches shorter than both Batman and Superman. I think wonder woman was only 13 inches tall but both Batman and Superman were 16 to 17 inches
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote