Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-23-2024, 05:08 AM   #61
Mooste
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I thought this piece had a light up for the sun and the logo, but apparently not.
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 08:48 AM   #62
Billy Talent

The fvck is up with the paintjob...is that a joke?
Look at how Guts skin in the middle is pure black is that supposed to be a shadow?.... whatever artwork they are trying to recreate it is not translating very well.
Guts fingers have blue paint and then random purple green and or gray paint, and casca's skin tone has like 3 different shades going on and you can clearly see the sections.
Well money saved I guess...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HJvpfp6.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	310.6 KB
ID:	169969  
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 10:25 AM   #63
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
The fvck is up with the paintjob...is that a joke?
Look at how Guts skin in the middle is pure black is that supposed to be a shadow?.... whatever artwork they are trying to recreate it is not translating very well.
Guts fingers have blue paint and then random purple green and or gray paint, and casca's skin tone has like 3 different shades going on and you can clearly see the sections.
Well money saved I guess...
They have recreated the artwork from Berserk #13, one of the single most emotionally powerful manga books ever made, the way they have painted it is to match the colours of that cover including all the shadows, think of it like what some companies do when they paint a cel shading effect on animation figures.

You say money saved but considering you didnt know what art this is based on I don't think you had any intention of buying it.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 11:01 AM   #64
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
They have recreated the artwork from Berserk #13, one of the single most emotionally powerful manga books ever made, the way they have painted it is to match the colours of that cover including all the shadows, think of it like what some companies do when they paint a cel shading effect on animation figures.

You say money saved but considering you didnt know what art this is based on I don't think you had any intention of buying it.
I did have intentions on buying it, see previous comments as this was the statue for me that represents Berserk the best (again see previous comments)
Paintjob doesn't appeal to me at all, it's a statue so they can re-create it to fit the statue collectors standards.
Old 04-23-2024, 12:43 PM   #65
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
I did have intentions on buying it, see previous comments as this was the statue for me that represents Berserk the best (again see previous comments)
Paintjob doesn't appeal to me at all, it's a statue so they can re-create it to fit the statue collectors standards.
Re- creating it in an attempt to fit any other standards would be against the whole point of this statue.

This is an attempt to perfectly make a physical copy of that cover if they change the colors what would be the point
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2024, 12:55 PM   #66
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post

Most Prime 1 statues have a layer of glossy glop enamel that looks terrible. Even their lauded Jungle Hunter suffers from thick crusty factory paint, also evident on the proto though less so.

If this gets delivered like this it will be a wondrous marvel. A real painting turned to statue instead of the usual statue paint aesthetic and Prime 1's anime-esque style. From the beginning I never expected or hoped for this to be painted like their other Berserk statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
I thought this piece had a light up for the sun and the logo, but apparently not.
How do we know not? Video sure looked like it?
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 03:46 AM   #67
Billy Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooste View Post
it does look like it lights up
https://youtu.be/ljnCUkUJlR8?t=81
Old 04-24-2024, 10:40 AM   #68
Mooste

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Most Prime 1 statues have a layer of glossy glop enamel that looks terrible. Even their lauded Jungle Hunter suffers from thick crusty factory paint, also evident on the proto though less so.

If this gets delivered like this it will be a wondrous marvel. A real painting turned to statue instead of the usual statue paint aesthetic and Prime 1's anime-esque style. From the beginning I never expected or hoped for this to be painted like their other Berserk statues.

How do we know not? Video sure looked like it?
Well yes... that is what I thought. Maybe I am getting bamboozled by how it is painted? I dunno lol
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2024, 05:18 PM   #69
God
Frackin!

I have been planning how to display this piece as my primary Berserk 1:4 statue. It is massive, but I will figure out a way!

I am thinking of having a white pedestal instead of a black one. Prime 1’s display with the white pedestal brings the colors out quite nicely.
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2024, 03:24 PM   #70
Chargersfan57
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

This statue is enough to bring me out of collecting retirement!!! Seriously love Berserk and love this statue!
Chargersfan57 is offline   Reply With Quote