Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 12-01-2021, 01:44 PM   #171
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
People continue to buy at these prices, so it's not going to change.

In fact, it'll get worse... Much, much worse.
Agreed. When that comes though I'll be at a point where I'm done or buying one statue every two or three years. I'm ready for it.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 01:46 PM   #172
Gerard
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:

Definitely
Gerard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:29 PM   #173
generalzodlives
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

The prices aren't increasing because customers are willing to pay more. Ordering these products keeps the company in business. If customers don't order, companies will stop making that type of product or simply shut down. It's not like Tweeterhead is happy about the price increases either--if only because they know the amount of -----ing that follows each announcement.

The cold hard fact is that prices are what they are now. It's up to us as consumers to decide if we're willing to pay that price. Some people will, some people won't. If the prices go higher than what you're comfortable with, then you may have to adjust your buying accordingly--whether that's collecting something else or getting out of the hobby altogether. Regardless, I don't see prices coming down even when things get back to normal.
generalzodlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 02:45 PM   #174
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Oh I totally agree General. This is not TH price gouging (unlike IMO a certain other statue company). I understand why the price increase is happening. Like I said originally, I really hope I can keep supporting them because I respect the work ethic, passion, and final products that Tweeterhead provides. It's just as some point I've got to call it quits because the price is not justifable any further.

That being said -- make a She-Ra in the same beauty as Teela and I will pay any price. Not kidding. Same with a Swiftwind and She-Ra dio. Grail. I will PAY!!!!

Truth be told there are only 4 statues I truly hope to get and only 1 (maybe 2) of them ever has any real chance to be made with quality. Every other statue I buy these days is out of just love of the game
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 03:40 PM   #175
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I said few years back, 1:3 at $1500, 1:4 at $1000, and 1:6 at $500 be where I'm done. Arbitrary? Yes, but we all have limits.

I still think my $220 Donna Troy looks amazing, but I understand how much the industry and world changed.
We all should have personal limits like this and I don't think yours are arbitrary at all. Hell, I think your limits are pretty damn generous!

Major agree on Donna. Ah, days gone by...

Quote:

I see more increased community pushback lately, so we'll have to see how it all continues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Oh I totally agree General. This is not TH price gouging (unlike IMO a certain other statue company). I understand why the price increase is happening. Like I said originally, I really hope I can keep supporting them because I respect the work ethic, passion, and final products that Tweeterhead provides. It's just as some point I've got to call it quits because the price is not justifable any further.

That being said -- make a She-Ra in the same beauty as Teela and I will pay any price. Not kidding. Same with a Swiftwind and She-Ra dio. Grail. I will PAY!!!!
I agree that TH isn't price gouging like MOST other statue companies. I also want to continue to support them for the same reasons.

I've pretty much dropped out of all other lines, but the TH MOTU stuff is still my weakness. I don't know if I'd pay ANY price, but I would like a She-Ra and many others in the Legends style. Just have to see and make a decision after the pictures and info drop.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 04:06 PM   #176
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
It's up to us as consumers to decide if we're willing to pay that price. Some people will, some people won't. If the prices go higher than what you're comfortable with, then you may have to adjust your buying accordingly--whether that's collecting something else or getting out of the hobby altogether. Regardless, I don't see prices coming down even when things get back to normal.
This is my concern, and why I keep saying that companies need to make different design choices that may reduce costs a bit. 1/6 scale used to be the more affordable scale, and now we're creeping up to 1/4 scale prices.

Superman went up for pre-order in February at $350, and Flash gets announced at the end of November at $450. That's a big increase in less than a year for a 1/6 piece. I understand production costs are going up, but I feel it's on companies (not just Tweeterhead) to make some adjustments to what they're offering.

I agree, I don't think prices are going to come back down after this production costs come back down a bit, and it's going to price a lot of people out of the hobby. More so, I think it will be a bigger barrier of entry for newcomers, which is a bigger concern to the future of this hobby.
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:19 PM   #177
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
Superman went up for pre-order in February at $350, and Flash gets announced at the end of November at $450. That's a big increase in less than a year for a 1/6 piece. I understand production costs are going up, but I feel it's on companies (not just Tweeterhead) to make some adjustments to what they're offering.
Superman would not have been $350 at the beginning of the year if TH had known that shipping container costs were going to increase ten-fold or more.

Of course, everyone needs to decide for themselves whether a piece is worth the price tag, but it is not simply a case of companies making adjustments.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:20 PM   #178
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by gra007 View Post
This is my concern, and why I keep saying that companies need to make different design choices that may reduce costs a bit. 1/6 scale used to be the more affordable scale, and now we're creeping up to 1/4 scale prices.

I agree, I don't think prices are going to come back down after this production costs come back down a bit, and it's going to price a lot of people out of the hobby. More so, I think it will be a bigger barrier of entry for newcomers, which is a bigger concern to the future of this hobby.
I don't think I agree with that. I mean Flash is pretty basic. To cut costs even more, I'm scared to think what they could do.... leave off appendages Seriously though, at some point a collector needs to decide if they'll take anything as long as it's affordable to them, or have a minimum standard, otherwise it's not worth getting. I'm in the latter group, for sure.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:29 PM   #179
gra007
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
but it is not simply a case of companies making adjustments.
I think it is now though, if they have to factor in higher production and shipping costs. They have to decide if they're in the $300 statue business, or the $500 statue business. If they get the sales still, all the better to them, but I'm seeing a lot of "Nice Flash, not $450 nice though, so I'm passing." in the comments above and elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
To cut costs even more, I'm scared to think what they could do.... leave off appendages
Faces are overrated, and have a lot of paint detail. Lose 'em!!!
gra007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 05:36 PM   #180
SDguy

No pupils = less paint = no googly eyes... win win
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote