Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-02-2021, 04:34 PM   #21
Star-struck
The Spirit

His bent right leg kinda bugs me a little bit but I like how his head looks like it's floating in the smoke or flame. When I first saw it I thought that was a light up in the middle of his torso but now I'm thinking it's a hole.
Star-struck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #22
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
https://courtofthedead.com/wp-conten...tshiv_blog.jpg

I want this guy before a third Kier.

I happy they are continuing the line. But their last three releases have been meh to not for me. Shiev is a 50/50 on if I get. Stryfe and Ella are both passes I think. Still time to come around on Stryfe though.
Yeah if this is a sign the line is still going strong, I definitely think we need him and Exraile, Exraile would be perfect, with his Angel head and his underworld head as a swap out, really hope now this was showed, that Tom tells us some new info moving forward, hope this is available soon
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:49 PM   #23
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

??? so many already think: something like this looks good?..

Take a handful rocks from your yard, glue them together and you have something better than this!

I like skulls, gargoyles, zombies, and darkstuff, so beginning of cotd line was just waiting for something really cool to come along.
First grim reaper was awesome, but I gave up hope, it is only going downhill.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #24
Atlantisatdawn

Halcyon, it's a dark picture, I'm sure there's more detail than what your seeing, also the design looks interesting to me, may not be the best one they've made from the line, but I like him, maybe he looks better in good lighting and different angles
Old 01-02-2021, 05:25 PM   #25
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

The reveal photo is supposed to get us excited, our spines twisted in eager anticipation. This doesn't do that.....it looks, thrown together, like something made up of leftovers.

If this is where the line is going then it doesn't seem to be a great place.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 05:59 PM   #26
davi
Fantastic Four

Yah sadly this doesn't do a ton for me.

The detailing on the chest piece looks interesting, and I'm sure there's more to it we aren't seeing but from this tease its sadly a pass and i was very hungry for a new court piece.
davi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:31 PM   #27
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Looks good to me
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 06:34 PM   #28
Atlantisatdawn

I get what you guys are saying, I dont think this piece is a Malavestros level type piece, however it is COTD and it's a odd looking character, this is why I would like a COTD stream with Tom, he could explain who this guy is and what he's all about, obviously my first choice was a Kier Angel version premium format or one of the 2 above mentioned characters, but I still like him and hopefully when we see more, maybe it changes your mind, and hopefully this means something else is coming
Old 01-02-2021, 07:11 PM   #29
Halcyon
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Halcyon, it's a dark picture, I'm sure there's more detail than what your seeing, also the design looks interesting to me, may not be the best one they've made from the line, but I like him, maybe he looks better in good lighting and different angles
Look at this picture again fullscreen, you can see the whole statue. Go slowly over it from top to bottom.
There is no detail.
Even a switchout can't save this.

Edit: No I did not mean Mortigull, first was The Reaper Legendary scale. Which had switch-out head and also an extra sword.
After that they made a reissue of it. Symbol on his chest has been reused 3 or 4 times now.
https://www.sideshow.com/storage/pro...structions.pdf
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 07:39 PM   #30
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I have four COTD PFs, two of the books, a bunch of the art prints, plus the apple and Xiall's cat. This piece does nothing for me at all. I physically laughed out loud when Halycon said it looks like a bunch of rocks glued together. But, it is good to see the line continue.

I would love to see Drim Dram done as a Premium Format. Angel Kier would be cool too, but that would be her third PF.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote