Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-03-2021, 02:54 PM   #41
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Well Mortighull is cool, but he is very dark all over except for the head sculpt, you really need good lighting to appreciate his armour, I'm assuming this guy will be similar, I like his head sculpt and I wanna know what's going on with this statue, is he mid transformation? If I replaced Shard with Stryfe in my display, I think he will look great
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200809_122300.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	303.5 KB
ID:	135777  
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 02:56 PM   #42
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

People seem to be missing the point that he's a fallen Mortis Knight his armour is supposed to be worn away, oxidised, detail worn away...

I'm not feeling it but i can certainly see what they're going for and the aesthetic they're trying to achieve...

Also even if you think it's the worst COTD piece so far, that's still better than a lot of pieces that come out lol
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 03:51 PM   #43
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Cool. Reminds me of a character from Dark Souls games.
Mortighull had a Dark Souls kinda vibe to him I thought but this new PF really does look like it's directly influenced from a Souls game, the first thing that come to my mind when I saw the teaser was the Stone Set from Dark Souls.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:36 PM   #44
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Well Mortighull is cool, but he is very dark all over except for the head sculpt, you really need good lighting to appreciate his armour, I'm assuming this guy will be similar, I like his head sculpt and I wanna know what's going on with this statue, is he mid transformation? If I replaced Shard with Stryfe in my display, I think he will look great
I disagree. I think he was highly detailed from the start. Lighting helps sure, but he's very detailed regardless.

I think what is really bothering me is this headless concept being held up by the energy. I dont think it worked with Ellia, I dont think it works here. It just takes me out of it I'm afraid.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 05:44 PM   #45
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
People seem to be missing the point that he's a fallen Mortis Knight his armour is supposed to be worn away, oxidised, detail worn away...

I'm not feeling it but i can certainly see what they're going for and the aesthetic they're trying to achieve...

Also even if you think it's the worst COTD piece so far, that's still better than a lot of pieces that come out lol
I dont think its bad necessarily. I just think its not for me. It may not be the worst, but its down there for me. But, I'm also an odd ball. One of the more favored pieces in the line is possibly my least favorite, and thats the OG Gallevarbe.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:24 PM   #46
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I dont think its bad necessarily. I just think its not for me. It may not be the worst, but its down there for me. But, I'm also an odd ball. One of the more favored pieces in the line is possibly my least favorite, and thats the OG Gallevarbe.
I agree with you on the OG Gallevarbe, she has no ears and looks more like an alien than something out of the underworld, I like her 2nd version better, and I absolutely agree with you that Wightshiv needs to be made
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 08:03 AM   #47
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

It's different to the other big baddies. That's a good thing. I like the ancient armour idea with a big ass weapon. It's a classic medieval fantasy. Makes me think Castlevania or Dark Souls. If it has fine details and looks well thought out, I'm sure it will be great.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2021, 10:52 PM   #48
nearmint
Phoenix

He's in-stock now.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote