Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 08-01-2023, 10:44 PM   #21
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
I'm an avid anime watcher and am starting to read more Manga (have read Battle Angel Alita, Claymore, half way through Vagabond).
Although I loved the 1997 anime I've been hesitant in picking up Berserk Manga as it is unfinished and never will be. Many fans still recommend it despite it being incomplete. Does it not frustrate fans to not have an ending? Is it like watching an epic movie and the last 20 min is cut off? I think that would bother be a great deal.
How long has Berserk been going on?
C'mon most of this crap never has an ending as long as it is paying bills. I prefer some things not to have an ending.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:53 PM   #22
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I'm an avid anime watcher and am starting to read more Manga (have read Battle Angel Alita, Claymore, half way through Vagabond).
Although I loved the 1997 anime I've been hesitant in picking up Berserk Manga as it is unfinished and never will be. Many fans still recommend it despite it being incomplete. Does it not frustrate fans to not have an ending? Is it like watching an epic movie and the last 20 min is cut off? I think that would bother be a great deal.
It will be finished and will have an ending, just not by Miura, directly.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 11:22 PM   #23
JoBlo99
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
It's worth the read. Shame it will never be finished by the creator.
JoBlo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 04:58 AM   #24
KiDD
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
It will be finished and will have an ending, just not by Miura, directly.
Yeah, for those unfamiliar Miura shared the conclusion of the story + key plot points moving forward with one of his best friends (and possibly his assistants). Now his friend and assistants are going to tie up the story according to Miura's vision, which is why the series is still running.
KiDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 05:45 AM   #25
Billy Talent
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

This is my fear what will happen with the A Song of Ice and Fire (game of thrones) books, George R R martin is taking his time writing it and I am positive he will die before he finishes writing them, so we will never get an actual ending to the books, just like the awful ending of the tv show which I will never watch again

A Dance with Dragons the 5th book was published in 2011
as of 2023 he is still writing the 6th, he promised to release 7 books but I doubt he will keep that promise
He is 74 years old, and not in good health
But I gave up reading on the books after the horrible ending of the show, so time to pick up something else.

Everyone been talking about how Berserk makes Game of thrones look like My Little Pony
Billy Talent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:31 PM   #26
Billy Talent

Finished Berserk 90's series all 25 episodes, dissapointing to say the least, over the top dramatic moments by Casca, cringy moments again with Casca.
This is what people called brutal and violent...wow, it's very tame, the final episode was decent when it comes to violence but still dissapointing.
And what on earth is up with that intro...is that a joke, the lyrics are ridiculous

This statue does a better job at portraying the gore and violence than the entire final episode.
Old 08-02-2023, 01:46 PM   #27
ZenLogikos
Black Panther
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
This is my fear what will happen with the A Song of Ice and Fire (game of thrones) books, George R R martin is taking his time writing it and I am positive he will die before he finishes writing them, so we will never get an actual ending to the books, just like the awful ending of the tv show which I will never watch again

A Dance with Dragons the 5th book was published in 2011
as of 2023 he is still writing the 6th, he promised to release 7 books but I doubt he will keep that promise
He is 74 years old, and not in good health
But I gave up reading on the books after the horrible ending of the show, so time to pick up something else.

Everyone been talking about how Berserk makes Game of thrones look like My Little Pony
Pretty apt comparison. It is cause for concern.

However, on the other hand, there is difference.

GRRM told the broad strokes to two hacks, who were hasty in wrapping up a tv show. Miura told several close collaborators who had worked with him for a long time. They're going to finish in the same medium he started, and they don't need to rush.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 04:14 PM   #28
Mooste

Maybe they don't need to rush but I do wish they would be more productive. Unless the assistants also got health issues...
Mooste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 08:55 PM   #29
Billy Talent

I prefer this piece over the other Berserk pieces, this is what I expected Berserk to be, bloody, violent, brutal.
Old 08-02-2023, 10:32 PM   #30
Yamato
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Talent View Post
I prefer this piece over the other Berserk pieces, this is what I expected Berserk to be, bloody, violent, brutal.
Same, it’s actually one that accurately depicts either painted artwork by Miura or a scene from the manga in 1:4. The rest of their pieces have not gotten interest from me because of the made up compositions.

The same with the Femto one. I prefer sticking very strongly to Miura’s compositions.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote