Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-02-2011, 07:34 PM   #1071
Storm Lover
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Is X-Force Wolverine a go still?

Because if Wolverine doesn't make it out them Warpath is useless.
Hell, let's just complete the whole team and include Domino and Fantomex(sp?) also. This is a 'no-brainer' to me.

SL
Storm Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 PM   #1072
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. Warpath is the perfect example of our commitment to collectors who are investing in our line of Marvel statues, in this case X-Force. Regardless of his initial pre-order numbers Warpath is in production and will find his way to retailers this fall.
While I commend Koto for following through with the production of Warpath despite pre-order numbers and I'm happy for X-Force fans it doesn't change Koto's lack of commitment to the collectors who already invested in the Danger Room Sessions line only to have the rug pulled out from underneath them when pre-orders failed to meet expectations. I had complete faith that Rogue would come to fruition, so much so that I sold my Bowen Designs Rogue in anticipation of a superior replacement. In hindsight that was naive of me and a mistake, one I will not make again because now I have no full size Rogue statue in my collection.

Please know my feelings on this matter are in no way, shape or form directed at you Gonk. I have the utmost respect for your opinions and direct participation here.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #1073
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
I have to respectfully disagree with this statement. Warpath is the perfect example of our commitment to collectors who are investing in our line of Marvel statues, in this case X-Force. Regardless of his initial pre-order numbers Warpath is in production and will find his way to retailers this fall.
To reinforce this point the ES according to the base of my X-23 was only in the 800's for her.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:11 AM   #1074
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
You have a point there gonk. But if this is true, then why not release 2 of the most popular characters in marvel which will undoubtedly have better sales than Warpath? Just what IS the real reason why you couldn't release Rogue and Sabertooth?
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #1075
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
You have a point there gonk. But if this is true, then why not release 2 of the most popular characters in marvel which will undoubtedly have better sales than Warpath? Just what IS the real reason why you couldn't release Rogue and Sabertooth?
don't forget the "Brown" Wolverine...which would make Koto a boatload of cash

Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #1076
Caveman
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by crankyjammies View Post
The sad part is this line can be such a cash cow..jim lee's design with erik's sculpting talent....look at psylocke, colossus, and gambit...all beautiful master arts....every time when I am ready to pull the trigger, I thought about the uncertainty behind rogue and brown wolverine and then hold back...I simply cannot have a half a$$Ed line on my display....and really I was so hoping to have the whole blue and gold team with koto...such is life.
Caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:07 PM   #1077
jansen
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If they all sell well then i doubt Koto will have no problem releasing it.
jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 11:21 PM   #1078
elijah_snow
I'm the Fourth Man

Gold Team Archangel

Gonk
Is Koto planning on releasing a pink/blue version of Archangel a la the Danger Room Sessions line? We were promised the full line up of the Blue and Gold Teams a while back and while the X-Force Archangel is breathtaking, I think I speak for a lot of folks when I ask the above question. A lot of us are invested in Colossus/Psylocke/Gambit/Rogue (I'm still holding out hope) and would like to display a full line-up. What are the odds?

Thanks
elijah_snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:15 AM   #1079
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
I'm going to do some research on this inquiry and get back to you since this statue was released before I joined Kotobukiya.
any updates on this

also, any news on the Venus on the Beach line? Would love to have all the girls... we only need three more I guess?
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #1080
Freon
Howling at the Moon

Does Kotobukiya have the rights to make 1/4 scale statues too? Any future plans to make 1/4 statues?
Freon is offline   Reply With Quote