Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 04-27-2021, 02:42 PM   #31
Infinite GLORY
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Finally received my Colossus today from Iron Studios. He was supposed to be here Friday. It's crazy, usually FedEx does not have the same slow delays that USPS has had lately, but for whatever reason this delivery was held up.

My thoughts on Colossus are as follows:

-He looks good. Althought he is labeled and clearly a "proximity" piece, I think he looks very awkward on his own if you don't display him in the Sentinel Diorama. He almost becomes an essential piece of the Sentinel Dio's with his pose looking up at a Sentinel, and the very clear Sentinel piece he is holding, about to throw back at the Sentinel. As a standalone piece it just seems strange. A more stoic pose like the Sideshow 1/4 statue would have been better I think. His face too, also just looks like he's in the middle of a battle with the Sentinel.

-Very easy setup. Only 2 pieces in the box. The base, and Colossus holding the Sentinel piece. He keys in with just 1 of his legs to the base, and that's it.

-The details on the figure are there and in line with other 1/10 pieces from Iron Studios. Suit looks good. Looks good for a smaller scale.

-Art box looks good. Love the blue and yellow X-Men colors. Makes it "pop".

2 things I don't "like":

- The bottom of the bases are just so bland. The black base with the white font was ok when IS first started out, but come on, by now at this point in the game they should really be putting some kind of artwork on the bottom of the base. I still wish they were numbered but can accept that's not there "thing" but wish they would atleast do artwork on the bases.

-The face is iffy. Some of the "grunting" face lines as you can see in my pictures just kind of look like he has dirt on his face. I'm thinking they are just supposed to be the creases but come off a little strange. Anyone else with Colossus have the same face lines or is mine messed up like my Pyro was messed up? lol.

Overall first impression isn't great. I'm not "wowed" by him. I'd say my rating right now would be 6/10.

Infinite GLORY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #32
MechWestern
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Just got a may/June notice for sentinel 2
MechWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:27 PM   #33
MechWestern

Blob notification July/September
Old 04-27-2021, 08:34 PM   #34
Infinite GLORY

Where did these notifications come from? Sideshow or Iron Studios? If Blob is now July-September that’s unfortunate. He was supposed to be next. Wonder who is next now or if the June pieces will keep there release windows.
Old 04-27-2021, 08:35 PM   #35
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MechWestern View Post
Blob notification July/September
Just got that email myself. Getting tired of Mystique being the only brotherhood member in my collection. Still waiting on Spec Fic to get Pyro in.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:10 PM   #36
MechWestern

Hey Glory, From Sideshow
Old 04-28-2021, 12:08 PM   #37
Infinite GLORY

Ok I see now where Sideshow has updated Blobs release date window to match what you said. That is disappointing. I will need to go back through and check some of the others.

Edit: I checked the pieces that are supposed to be after Blob in May - August, and Sabretooth, Jean Grey, Bishop and Emma Frost still show the dates listed. Obviously they could be changed as they get closer. Sabretooth is the only one that shows May as the starting month vs. June for the others, and he was already pushed back I believe from March, so hopefully that means he would be next. I would be ok with that since he looks great!
Old 04-29-2021, 08:06 PM   #38
1to6Collector
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite GLORY View Post
-The face is iffy. Some of the "grunting" face lines as you can see in my pictures just kind of look like he has dirt on his face. I'm thinking they are just supposed to be the creases but come off a little strange. Anyone else with Colossus have the same face lines or is mine messed up like my Pyro was messed up? lol.
Hi Glory,

Yeah unlike yours... my Colossus doesn't have a black wash applied to the face, it's just painted clean metal.

That black wash kind of makes your one look like a 70s drawn version, whilst without the wash it has a cleaner more 90s appearance.

Maye a bit of 90% rubbing alcohol with cutton bud would remove some of it although it could ruin the white eyes etc.
1to6Collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 02:00 AM   #39
dw316
Justice League

Where is the best place to order the X-men statues? Sideshow's shipping and taxes are too much, their 5% reward points don't help too much, so I was looking at SF which has no tax and have their own reward points system but not sure if their shipping is the same as Sideshow or not, or BBTS which has the tax but $4 shipping. Are there any other places that are more preferred?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 04:45 AM   #40
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw316 View Post
Where is the best place to order the X-men statues? Sideshow's shipping and taxes are too much, their 5% reward points don't help too much, so I was looking at SF which has no tax and have their own reward points system but not sure if their shipping is the same as Sideshow or not, or BBTS which has the tax but $4 shipping. Are there any other places that are more preferred?
Sideshow may cost more but if you have a problem with your statue they are the best at handling it. Plus they seem to get these pieces in faster than the other places. And grabbing reward codes during events like this week helps out with added costs.

You can try Spec Fic. I have Pyro on PO with them. Good prices and usually offers free shipping on the smaller pieces in the U.S. Reliable customer service. I believe they get statues in the same time as BBTS.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote