Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-28-2019, 02:37 PM   #491
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I'd love to own this piece. Its beautiful.

Need to decline though. The $700 price tag is just too much. Surprised everyone is cool with it.

As for the XM, they're both great pieces. Its a matter of personal preference. No wrong choice from what I'm seeing.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 02:52 PM   #492
Force of Nature
Marshal Law

I like what I am seeing and feel the regular head is pretty OK.
I mean Remy is in full action mode and while jumping and running around his hair flows freely and follows his movements.
Besides I like the focused and mildly annoyed/angry look of the regular head.

With the recent Rogue PF Sideshow showed that they know very well how to overcome engineering challenges and make a sturdy statue and I have no doubt they will repeat that trick here.
Space is really tight in my display room but I am seriously considering the Collector's Edition of this amazing statue.
I think it would be an amazing display to have Remy face The Juggernaut after the unstoppable behemoth has punched his way into the Danger Room.

Rainer
Force of Nature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 03:01 PM   #493
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Force of Nature View Post
I like what I am seeing and feel the regular head is pretty OK.
I mean Remy is in full action mode and while jumping and running around his hair flows freely and follows his movements.
Besides I like the focused and mildly annoyed/angry look of the regular head.

With the recent Rogue PF Sideshow showed that they know very well how to overcome engineering challenges and make a sturdy statue and I have no doubt they will repeat that trick here.
Space is really tight in my display room but I am seriously considering the Collector's Edition of this amazing statue.
I think it would be an amazingh display to have Remy face The Juggernaut after the unstoppable behemoth has punched his way into the Danger Room.

Rainer
I love it too
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:42 PM   #494
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo112 View Post
I'd love to own this piece. Its beautiful.

Need to decline though. The $700 price tag is just too much. Surprised everyone is cool with it.

As for the XM, they're both great pieces. Its a matter of personal preference. No wrong choice from what I'm seeing.
That's what it all comes down to. No point in debating which is better. XM speaks more to me, but SS's is good too. All subjective. That said...XM's is objectively better.

I'm also a little surprised by how cool people are with the price...of course, with what I'm paying for the XM, this is a steal.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 05:58 PM   #495
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post
That's what it all comes down to. No point in debating which is better. XM speaks more to me, but SS's is good too. All subjective. That said...XM's is objectively better.

I'm also a little surprised by how cool people are with the price...of course, with what I'm paying for the XM, this is a steal.
?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:17 PM   #496
Rav
The Spirit

Let’s face it most of the humans on Earth will think most of us are bonkers forking out at these prices for this hobby anyway.
Rav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:21 PM   #497
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Gotta have it, looks amazing.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 06:55 PM   #498
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Prices in statues have been going up for sometime, i don't know if the trade war is making them worse in SS case i can't say.

They are pieces of art in my view, so people don't always have issues buying art. Plus all the stories behind them bring that much more enjoyment.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:08 PM   #499
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philintheblank View Post

XM's is better in terms of details and texturing. But that price though. It's 1150 SGD but resellers want 1150 USD plus shipping. SSC's Gambit will probably be like $750 shipped.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 07:36 PM   #500
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
XM's is better in terms of details and texturing. But that price though. It's 1150 SGD but resellers want 1150 USD plus shipping. SSC's Gambit will probably be like $750 shipped.
$1150 SGD is basically $825 USD. The big difference is ES and limitability of XM over SS.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote