Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 03-09-2024, 04:11 AM   #41
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
But that woman has had more work done to her face since then and now looks like an alien.
She's standing next to her figure...if that's an alien, then sign me up for interspecies relations right now!

IcedDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 05:55 AM   #42
ukshaun
Hercules

So lifelike.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 06:36 AM   #43
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I would suspect the likeness to the source material is probably spot on. But that woman has had more work done to her face since then and now looks like an alien.
I'm not convinced she's had extensive plastic surgery. Asian women, age differently to Caucasian women - as do Black women. Given the correct diet, physical training, and general lifestyle - its more than feasible for the actress to retain a youthful look as she matures.

That said, I think the thing causing her to look a little "otherworldly" is not her face, but her eyes. She appears to be wearing some kind of contact lens, which is making her pupils seem over sized....if you take the eyes out of the equation, I don't see any obvious signs of cosmetic treatment.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 03:17 PM   #44
Mercy
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'm not convinced she's had extensive plastic surgery. Asian women, age differently to Caucasian women - as do Black women. Given the correct diet, physical training, and general lifestyle - its more than feasible for the actress to retain a youthful look as she matures.

That said, I think the thing causing her to look a little "otherworldly" is not her face, but her eyes. She appears to be wearing some kind of contact lens, which is making her pupils seem over sized....if you take the eyes out of the equation, I don't see any obvious signs of cosmetic treatment.
There is only three ways to correction vision, surgery, glasses, or contacts. Perhaps, she might not be able to get eye surgery. Not everyone is a good candidate for eye surgery. For her, it might be eye contacts or glasses.
Mercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2024, 09:32 PM   #45
Irenicus
The Spirit

An interesting point that the sculptor raised was that they had to deal with how the actress looks now and how she perceived her old self-image.

I wonder how much the actress interference impacts on delivering an absolute likeness or if Arwen also suffered from this and this is probably more relevant to female pieces.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:03 PM   #46
Kamxam
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Found this:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c6/ee...e41c00c4e7.jpg
Kamxam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2024, 05:50 PM   #47
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamxam View Post
Do you know where else it can be found, Kamxam? On post 3.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 09:43 AM   #48
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
I would suspect the likeness to the source material is probably spot on. But that woman has had more work done to her face since then and now looks like an alien.
Jedi surprised you are so harsh. I suspect this is a result of camera filters, and even if she did have work done (as most in hollywood do) she doesn't need that kinda vitriol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
She's standing next to her figure...if that's an alien, then sign me up for interspecies relations right now!

Quote:

I agree the size and color of the contact lens is making her pupils look oversized. I can't afford this piece of art but it's gorgeous to see where the hobby is headed
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:52 AM   #49
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I can't afford this piece of art but it's gorgeous to see where the hobby is headed
I'll be honest.....I love this piece.

The piece exudes elegance, and somehow makes your typical Superhero piece look like a cheap toy......there's a sophistication to the piece that can't be claimed by Wonder Woman or any of the previous pieces.....in my subjective opinion, of course.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 11:58 AM   #50
Hobbyist
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
I'll be honest.....I love this piece.

The piece exudes elegance, and somehow makes your typical Superhero piece look like a cheap toy......there's a sophistication to the piece that can't be claimed by Wonder Woman or any of the previous pieces.....in my subjective opinion, of course.
100%

They seem so mundane suddenly.
Hobbyist is offline   Reply With Quote