Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-26-2019, 03:50 PM   #31
Max Carnage
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
$449 at BBTS. Price doesn't seem outrageous to me.
They ask $205 for a 1/10 PVC Hulk so it doesn’t surprise me either.
Max Carnage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:09 PM   #32
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I am guessing this is 1/6 right? I think $450 for a 1/6 piece on a large throne with a light up is pretty good.

Consider the Bowen Thanos on Throne went up for order in 2011 and that was $350, so a $100 price jump in over 8 years isn't that bad.

I also think this is one of the best looking and comic accurate pieces Koto have done for a while, if the finish, specifically the teeth and eyes, is as good as that video on twitter then it will be totally worth it.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:23 PM   #33
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicksplode View Post
Might as well wait for the inevitable Amazon discount after it's released.
This...and in hand pics.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 08:24 AM   #34
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I am guessing this is 1/6 right? I think $450 for a 1/6 piece on a large throne with a light up is pretty good.

Consider the Bowen Thanos on Throne went up for order in 2011 and that was $350, so a $100 price jump in over 8 years isn't that bad.

I also think this is one of the best looking and comic accurate pieces Koto have done for a while, if the finish, specifically the teeth and eyes, is as good as that video on twitter then it will be totally worth it.
See, it's people who say stuff like this is one of the main reasons why thes hobby continues to spiral outta control. I mean people just keep coming up with poor excuses why companies are allowed to keep overcharging. Bowens were always overpriced, so using them as an example doesn't help your case. Not surprised at all though.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 02:28 PM   #35
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
3See, it's people who say stuff like this is one of the main reasons why thes hobby continues to spiral outta control. I mean people just keep coming up with poor excuses why companies are allowed to keep overcharging. Bowens were always overpriced, so using them as an example doesn't help your case. Not surprised at all though.
These pieces are not overcharged as many items appreciate in value once they are no longer available.

Art is worth what someone is willing to pay and if the market shows they will still sell at the higher price then guess what they will ask a higher price... If you dont like higher prices then get a better job or dont collect..

There are so many factors why things raise in cost and modern pieces are looking much better when it comes to better fine details versus the past!
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #36
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
These pieces are not overcharged as many items appreciate in value once they are no longer available.

Art is worth what someone is willing to pay and if the market shows they will still sell at the higher price then guess what they will ask a higher price... If you dont like higher prices then get a better job or dont collect..

There are so many factors why things raise in cost and modern pieces are looking much better when it comes to better fine details versus the past!
And I'm sure Companies like Kotobukiya loves people like you to pieces. Anybody can make up excuses for such blatant overcharging. Doesn't make it right though. Still, it is what it is. Its still sad to see that this hobby has no limit for how much collectors seem to be willing to pay for this stuff.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:47 AM   #37
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:

An example of why this hobby is where it's at. Sheep.... Although this piece is good. 500$ is still steep.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:54 AM   #38
Zodach
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
An example of why this hobby is where it's at. Sheep.... Although this piece is good. 500$ is still steep.
That's right because nothing actually costs more to make now than it did 5-10 years ago. How much were 3.75" Star Wars figures at that time? What about Marvel Legends? Sideshow Premium Formats? Comparing those prices you will see steep MSRP increases in a short window. There are many factors that have lead to this; increased labor costs in China, higher licensing fees from Disney, more competition from other companies resulting in lower edition sizes, and the trade/tariff war.
Zodach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:02 PM   #39
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
That's right because nothing actually costs more to make now than it did 5-10 years ago. How much were 3.75" Star Wars figures at that time? What about Marvel Legends? Sideshow Premium Formats? Comparing those prices you will see steep MSRP increases in a short window. There are many factors that have lead to this; increased labor costs in China, higher licensing fees from Disney, more competition from other companies resulting in lower edition sizes, and the trade/tariff war.
It's not what you say....

Quote:

It's how you say it
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 02:25 PM   #40
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

These pieces are tremendously overpriced for what they are. I got a huge polystone dragon statue from Design Toscono that was hand-painted quite well for about $65 after coupon. Thing is like 25" tall and this was last year. Since there are few of these factories in China, I'm sure it was produced in one that also produces the $600 statues.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote