Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #4081
Atlantisatdawn
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Yeah I dont know, I know Tom explained her skin color changing as she went into the underworld, not sure about the eyes, the lighting definitely seems different in the new photos, so I'm gonna reserve judgment until I get her, I have saw statues the looked better in photos, but I've also saw statues that looked better in person, I love that you guys do or have people do re paints, the Kier re painted with Blonde hair was just awesome, I dont think I could afford re paints and I also dont know anybody that does them
Atlantisatdawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:16 PM   #4082
Thor57
Teen Titans

Repainted aren’t cheap. Each of mine cost around $800, when I got Skaar and Shard repainted. This new Shard would only be a head repaint so I do t expect it being more than a few hundred.

I only repaint fantasy statues to mimic D&D short stories I am writing. Homemade characters and motivations, that I just steal the great art we are provided as influence. I’m going to have Dejah Thoris repainted into a drow elf eventually too. I also have an extra Odium I want to have painted in green and blue flesh tones to be more zombie like. Other than those, my repaint plans are slim.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #4083
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Cant wait to see Relic, really a bad feeling when one arrives damaged
I knew something was off the minute I took it out of the art box. The clam shell was taped and untampered with but one side wasn’t fully secure. Had a nice sized gap leading to what I feel was movement during shipping causing the breaks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	367C3332-8E1B-412D-AE3C-FDC91B444FEB.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	192.2 KB
ID:	131804   Click image for larger version

Name:	A3681E5E-27C3-4466-A0F9-290D9B8D217D.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	131805  
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:14 PM   #4084
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantisatdawn View Post
Her face does look different, I think the lighting is probably different, maybe her eyes or eye color? I'm trying to look at a old picture compared to the new photos, I still love it, I understand people not liking her for the COTD, but again Tom said Shard was his Alice in Wonderland and I believe a human character going to the underworld only makes the story more interesting
It's just not painted or shaded as well. Paints do a lot to change a sculpt.

I think it's good but really it should have been spot on.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:35 PM   #4085
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I knew something was off the minute I took it out of the art box. The clam shell was taped and untampered with but one side wasn’t fully secure. Had a nice sized gap leading to what I feel was movement during shipping causing the breaks.
Man that sucks, especially on such a great piece, I'm sure sideshow will fix him, but it still sucks
Old 07-17-2020, 06:39 PM   #4086
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
It's just not painted or shaded as well. Paints do a lot to change a sculpt.

I think it's good but really it should have been spot on.
Now that I look at it, I think you are exactly right, maybe the details are not showing up as good on her face because of it, I'm still excited to get it, but do you or thor57 know a good painter for statues? I'm in the US, I see the one guy on the forum Vince veil i think, but I dont know anything about him, I would probably get her face re painted to look a little better
Old 07-17-2020, 07:29 PM   #4087
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor57 View Post
I've gotten a lot like that with no issue tbh. They often don't sit flush.
dao2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:12 PM   #4088
s_paulik87
Green Lantern Corps

So if I go onto sideshow it says Relic "ships next day" yet the one i bought day one is still pending charges and says August? That is annoying as all hell. When did faith bearer go up for PO? Still waiting on relic and oglavael variant......
s_paulik87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 10:23 PM   #4089
Atlantisatdawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by s_paulik87 View Post
So if I go onto sideshow it says Relic "ships next day" yet the one i bought day one is still pending charges and says August? That is annoying as all hell. When did faith bearer go up for PO? Still waiting on relic and oglavael variant......
My Relic Ravlatch and Shard both were due to be payed in August, but I changed them both to "switch to single payment" and they were payed the next day, I did Shard first and she is coming tuesday and Relic is coming Friday, I just happened to randomly notice they were in stock
Old 07-18-2020, 10:26 PM   #4090
Atlantisatdawn

Now if you payed the whole thing up front I have no idea why they would be waiting till August to ship it