Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-25-2021, 10:59 AM   #531
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sorry the base is basic and very lazy in my opinion but she does look really good so it's a buy.
KaraFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:03 AM   #532
adee
Green Arrow

I usually like simple bases that are somehow tied to the characters origin or story line. That said I can't really think of anything like that for Power Girl.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #533
SDguy

I think the base great. I don't always need everything and the kitchen sink thrown onto a base.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:05 AM   #534
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think this base is perfect and keeps the focus on her. Fabulous!
Unfortunately, I agree. What else? A Boeing 747 wing or a meteorite perhaps?
I don’t dislike this PG. She looks like a comic book cover. Am I willing to pay $600 for her? Yes, if I have the assurance of having the same quality of paint on my statue. The base, I’m willing to pay ten dollars, but not more. Because even at that price, it’s stealing.
Well, the same quality of paint, that’s not gonna happen, more than likely. The makeup will come down to this horrible black comma, and the eyes unable to agree to look at the same direction. Conclusion, I patiently wait, hovering, on my flying wallet, waiting for the first pictures of PG in factory version.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:10 AM   #535
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraFan View Post
Sorry the base is basic and very lazy in my opinion but she does look really good so it's a buy.
It's fine to have tastes and criticize. Some people like massive bases, some don't. If I had my way every company make a PG and we could see implementation of elements. Have her on an alien world, or on top of a building, etc.

This reminds me of the Iron Studios 1:10 I own of her. They added autumn leaves to the cloud for colour, but I'm fine without them here.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 11:11 AM   #536
KaraFan
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I think the base great. I don't always need everything and the kitchen sink thrown onto a base.
I also agree with that. I think it's because they just did it for Supergirl is what's bothering me and I passed on her because of it.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:14 AM   #537
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
It's fine to have tastes and criticize. Some people like massive bases, some don't. If I had my way every company make a PG and we could see implementation of elements. Have her on an alien world, or on top of a building, etc.

This reminds me of the Iron Studios 1:10 I own of her. They added autumn leaves to the cloud for colour, but I'm fine without them here.
I do like normal size bases but maybe it's just too much white...lol who knows with me today.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:15 AM   #538
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I also agree with that. I think it's because they just did it for Supergirl is what's bothering me and I passed on her because of it.
I like that they tie together in that way as will have them side by side, but makes sense if you didn't like the SG, then this PG would have same issue for you.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:16 AM   #539
KaraFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I like that they tie together in that way as will have them side by side, but makes sense if you didn't like the SG, then this PG would have same issue for you.
Yeah but I also just didn't like that Supergirl but Power Girl looks way better.
Old 03-25-2021, 11:19 AM   #540
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
I do like normal size bases but maybe it's just too much white...lol who knows with me today.
I am trying to think what would be my perfect PG base. She doesn't have an iconic lair like the Fortress of Solitude or Batcave. I know I want a PG #1 Amanda Conner on the star base statue someday, but I don't have that part firm in my mind.

Looking at my PGs have black disc, silver disc, white oval, and then rubble. Bombshells emphasizes fitness with her holding Kal on her shoulder, but not sure people would want abase of barbells, kettlebells, and dumbells.