Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-09-2021, 04:31 AM   #111
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
The JND Joker might be still available as they went with Arthur Fleck in is non Joker outfit.
With JND selling out so fast, maybe they should adopt the XM Studios approach - sell as many as are required.
Some collectors might not be pleased if it's not a super limited production run and feel it could hurt these statues/figures appreciating in value.

I think part of the thrill for some collectors is FOMO and being part of an exclusive club - opening it to as many orders possible would eliminate that. Or at least that's a common complaint I hear about when Hot Toys re-issues older figures/vehicles (i.e. Batman Begins and the Tumbler).

Personally, I do not care how limited a collectible is (since I just want to own it to appreciate the artistry) and would like everyone to have an opportunity to purchase. Because I have also been on that other side of the fence where I somehow missed it and have to choose whether to pass on it or pay outrageously on the secondary market.

I don't really sell anything in my collection so perhaps I am in an unique situation. And even if I did sell, I would prefer to either give it to someone I knew as a gift, sell it a fair price or what I paid for it originally (rather than market value).

But I discovered on Youtube, a lot collectors/influencers constantly rotate pieces out and use their older statues to fund their future purchases - nothing wrong with that either.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:24 AM   #112
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
Some collectors might not be pleased if it's not a super limited production run and feel it could hurt these statues/figures appreciating in value.

I think part of the thrill for some collectors is FOMO and being part of an exclusive club - opening it to as many orders possible would eliminate that. Or at least that's a common complaint I hear about when Hot Toys re-issues older figures/vehicles (i.e. Batman Begins and the Tumbler).
I think it depends on the purchase price. We collectors can sort of understand why high prices are asked for statues with small and limited runs, as this is (theoretically) the only opportunity that the company has to recoup their investment costs, and generate some margin.

The only way JND could offer these statues to "everyone" would be if they drastically reduced their prices.....but here comes problem number 2, let's imagine they sell these pieces for $400 because they hope more than 4000 units.....but in the end they only sell 1000 - they would lose a tremendous amount of money.

So, much as it hurts some collectors, in the end, this business model of making small limited runs just makes more financial sense.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:53 AM   #113
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

JND is for collectors on the highest scale quality wise for 1/3 statues. They use top notch material and have immense focus on detail. Opening it up beyond a limit quantity wouldn’t work because this is still a niche market, even though it’s growing rapidly. Most collectors still can’t afford to spend close to 2k+ on a single statue so this is really meant for the higher end collectors of the community.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:12 AM   #114
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
JND is for collectors on the highest scale quality wise for 1/3 statues. They use top notch material and have immense focus on detail. Opening it up beyond a limit quantity wouldn’t work because this is still a niche market, even though it’s growing rapidly. Most collectors still can’t afford to spend close to 2k+ on a single statue so this is really meant for the higher end collectors of the community.
You just pissed off a lot of forumites with that statement I hope you're wearing easy wash underwear......
Old 04-09-2021, 06:20 AM   #115
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
You just pissed off a lot of forumites with that statement I hope you're wearing easy wash underwear......
Lmao! It’s true though and there’s nothing wrong with that though. Some collectors are purely on higher end products while others collect things on a smaller or cheaper scale. There’s nothing wrong with either or, it’s just a fact that this is their target group and they’ve been super successful at it. No reason why they would change it now.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:46 AM   #116
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
Pic with gun in hand:
Cute!
I'm waiting for the QS effort. Same pose, apparently.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:48 AM   #117
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
Pretty sure you'll find " little " collectors who will just buy one statue this year, and it will be this one.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:18 AM   #118
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
I'm waiting for the QS effort. Same pose, apparently.
Yeah, if that's the case, Warner Brothers should have let either of them know when their designs were sent for approval.

I guess Concealer Brothers would be more appropriate?

... I'll see myself out.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:38 AM   #119
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Yeah, if that's the case, Warner Brothers should have let either of them know when their designs were sent for approval.

I guess Concealer Brothers would be more appropriate?

... I'll see myself out.
In this case, I don't consider it a bad thing if Queen makes a piece in the same pose. In fact, it's a great move.

We already know the Queen piece is 100% polystone, with sculpted hair. So right off the bat there are defined differences.

I wouldn't be opposed to buying both versions if the execution is there.
Old 04-09-2021, 08:45 AM   #120
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
In this case, I don't consider it a bad thing if Queen makes a piece in the same pose. In fact, it's a great move.
For us customers, sure, but I don't think they as manufacturers were delighted when they found out. If they chose the same pose indeed.
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote