Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 04-09-2021, 08:51 AM   #121
ukshaun
Hercules

Does anyone think the hair is too long on the JND piece?

Also, atleast QS know what they are up against.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:54 AM   #122
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

Also, atleast QS know what they are up against.
I don’t think so, but her hair was displayed in different ways through the film, so it’s hard to compare really.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:23 AM   #123
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I really hope you don't read my statement in a negative way, because it's not meant to be offensive.

Why do you care about her hair length? The statue is sold out, everyone who has pre ordered did so knowing about how the piece looks (and are obviously satisfied).

It's "real hair", so in extreme cases, if someone was really bothered, they could just trim it to the "correct" length.

As I said before, I hope my statements don't come across as offensive. I'm just a little curious why people who have stated (for various reasons) why they dislike the statue, or feel it is somehow inaccurate, or dislike the use of latex etc. keep returning to the thread to outline what they see as "faults"......it's almost like they want to see the piece fail in some minor way to justify their decision not to buy it......which is rather sad, if that's the case.

I'm not saying it's wrong to highlight points, or even to state why you wouldn't buy it....it's free discussion after all, it just seems strange to keep hammering on a specific point.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:16 AM   #124
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocomonk22 View Post
The promo images for the film were with a P226, which is a different gun. JND is using the CZ75 so the color should ideally match the gun on propstore.
Prime 1 went with the P226. Prime 1 did a poor job with the pistol as it lacks crisp details. JND definitely looks better. Blued steel would be hard to replicate in paint, but JND said this was a prototype and there may be improvements.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 10:17 AM   #125
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I really hope you don't read my statement in a negative way, because it's not meant to be offensive.

Why do you care about her hair length? The statue is sold out, everyone who has pre ordered did so knowing about how the piece looks (and are obviously satisfied).

It's "real hair", so in extreme cases, if someone was really bothered, they could just trim it to the "correct" length.

As I said before, I hope my statements don't come across as offensive. I'm just a little curious why people who have stated (for various reasons) why they dislike the statue, or feel it is somehow inaccurate, or dislike the use of latex etc. keep returning to the thread to outline what they see as "faults"......it's almost like they want to see the piece fail in some minor way to justify their decision not to buy it......which is rather sad, if that's the case.

I'm not saying it's wrong to highlight points, or even to state why you wouldn't buy it....it's free discussion after all, it just seems strange to keep hammering on a specific point.
This happens in every statue thread. It's part and parcel with a public forum IMO.
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 11:33 AM   #126
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post

I am not offended in anyway

Regardless of sold out or not (it is probably available if you know where to look)
My question was straight forward enough. Likewise, someone else commented on the gun.

Statue/figure collectors tend to focus on the details, and air their views

As for hammering on a point. I mentioned it a total of two times.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:56 PM   #127
Cmac
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
Prime 1 went with the P226. Prime 1 did a poor job with the pistol as it lacks crisp details. JND definitely looks better. Blued steel would be hard to replicate in paint, but JND said this was a prototype and there may be improvements.
I did send them an email with a link to the original pistol and they responded with a thank you. I don't know if they will address it or not, but they might. It might not be cost effective for such a small piece. They do seem to keep saying each time they show a new piece that it is a prototype and they will improve it if necessary.

Also, that blued steel isn't very visible in the movie. Are they going for screen accuracy or physical accuracy? There's usually a difference between what an on screen object looks like in hand vs on screen. It's a question that pops up a lot in the original prop collecting community since many things look different under lighting. Her costume looks very flat under intense light, but shinier in low light conditions. I'm not necessarily talking about how dark the scene is as some of those dark shots are done under intense light as well. I have pics of her costume under intense flash and it is very flat. Take the flash away, and it has a shine. Basically, the same thing you see with statue pics on this site; colors change as does perceived texture, etc.
Cmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:10 PM   #128
Starscream77
The Spirit

awesome looking barbie doll fellas
Starscream77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:36 PM   #129
NYC Joker
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
awesome looking barbie doll fellas
I mean, yeah, it sold out in a little over an hour.
NYC Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:39 PM   #130
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC Joker View Post
I mean, yeah, it sold out in a little over an hour.
That's probably what he calls his "Real Doll" as well, so no need to take offence.....he means it in a good way
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote