Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 06-14-2023, 08:47 PM   #31
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I have a question: Rebecca - Hot or Not?

IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2023, 10:09 PM   #32
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

Quote:
So in line with The Office and the Hilary Swank debate, I have a question: Rebecca - Hot or Not?
I'm sure there's a fantasy there somewhere involving a ringing bell and the word "shame" repeated.

Quote:
Propaganda huh? I?ve just started watching season 1. Good show so far not spectacular but worth watching. If it?s political or social propaganda that might taint the show for me.
I notice these things because I binged watched the show and I follow politics like a sport. Loads of cringe.

One positive takeaway from the show is turning my beast mode on. Rebecca makes herself big while Nate spits on mirrors. I have decided to start my day in the shower crouched down as I rise up slowly to the Terminator theme. #complimentsandwich
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2023, 10:30 AM   #33
BurningRage
Inhumans

She’s hot for a tall woman fantasy.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 08:26 PM   #34
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Finished up Season 3 tonight. I drug put the episodes because I just love the show so much and didn?t want it to end.

I don?t think there was a better way to end the show. Selling the club to the fans was a great idea. Very much a nod to the genius of Green Bay. Small town with a big heart for football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
I wish a bit more time was spent on Ted and Nate as that just seemed to be resolved without Ted at all.
This was a missed storyline that I thought was going to be showcased more in the season. Their coming back together was nicely handled though. The Beard backstory with Ted was sweet, wonderfully done, and totally on point for the show. And the players saving the pieces of the ?Believe? sign - loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Keely is so adorable...and hot <--- my profound take on the season
She?s funny and cute. I was sad wardrobe department didn?t dress her as well as they usually do. Her season 3 outfits were not as great as previous seasons.
On a serious note, I did notice how she was even skinnier than usual. Juno is a petite actress and to even see her a few pounds lighter was concerning. I hope she?s OK.

Quote:
Propaganda huh? I?ve just started watching season 1. Good show so far not spectacular but worth watching. If it?s political or social propaganda that might taint the show for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
eh, i wouldn't go that far. they slip in some lefty nonsense from time to time as background talk but Sam's storylines are sadly relegated to being social justice mouthpiece nonsense that does nothing for the story, but fortunately he doesn't tend to get much screentime for his crap.
I wouldn?t call it propaganda or lefty nonsense. Ted Lasso has always focused on the characters and who they are, their actions, their feelings (good, bad, funny) and how they deal with personal struggles. All of that is wrapped up in making us laugh, smile, and enjoy a wacky story about football.

I will say there was more focus on social issues in Season 3 than the first two seasons, so it may have been a bigger reason people rank the show low. It?s more real-life topics in a shorter span.

Did anybody think the focus on mental health was propaganda or lefty nonsense? I hope not.

Quote:
So in line with The Office and the Hilary Swank debate, I have a question: Rebecca - Hot or Not?]
Hot. She?s one of my current girl crushes?.jealous of those arms. Also her range of talent is great.
She?s also aging naturally which may lead to people to think she?s older than she is.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2023, 08:29 PM   #35
Demona
Martian Manhunter

A random note about series that ended this year. We finished up Succession and then went onto the final season of Ted Lasso. When Rebecca’s Mom popped up, I said “Wait, isn’t that the Mom on Succession?”

Good ol google to the rescue. Sure is the same actress.
Old 07-09-2023, 09:12 PM   #36
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
A random note about series that ended this year. We finished up Succession and then went onto the final season of Ted Lasso. When Rebecca?s Mom popped up, I said ?Wait, isn?t that the Mom on Succession??

Good ol google to the rescue. Sure is the same actress.
Yeah, Harriet Walter, she was also just in Silo...popping up everywhere lately.
Old 07-09-2023, 11:06 PM   #37
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Haven’t watched Silo. Only seen the ads. Is it any good?
Old 07-09-2023, 11:33 PM   #38
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:

I will say there was more focus on social issues in Season 3 than the first two seasons, so it may have been a bigger reason people rank the show low. It?s more real-life topics in a shorter span.
the problem is "social issues" was the only thing they ever really used Sam for and it was a big waste of a character that had potential to be a lot more than just that, and come on you going to tell me the "delete the pictures" scene wasn't some of the most heavy-handed PSA crap you've ever seen?
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 12:21 AM   #39
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Haven?t watched Silo. Only seen the ads. Is it any good?
Oh yeah, it was quite good. Apple has largely done an excellent job with their original content, have to give them props there.