Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 06-08-2023, 03:39 PM   #31
Demona
Martian Manhunter

They gave Rogue pretty big boobs, just very little butt. And she's always known for that peach. So color me confused.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:35 PM   #32
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
They gave Rogue pretty big boobs, just very little butt. And she's always known for that peach. So color me confused.
YEAH! That's what I said!
They did a really good job with the boobs though. Got those perfect circles that can bunch up in all kinds of directions.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 04:49 PM   #33
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straken-SWE View Post
Yep totally agree. Not surprised about Morrigan though, Darkstalkers is Capcom no(?)and they still have their fans in mind unlike many others that are butchering their own brands as they live on nostalgia lifesupport
Marvel and DC are just much too large and terrified to risk ending up like Bud Light.
Old 06-08-2023, 06:09 PM   #34
ClaraVoyent
Fantastic Four

I like it.

Price is outrageous. I think pricing is past the point of no return for me.
Started with this line because they were affordable and a good way to get in to a collection of fun characters without being insane. I think I'm out... may just sell my collection of these and move onto something with better value.

The post earlier is interesting about price and willingness. I think we have a real issue with consumer spending habits these days...

Remember what you're buying with this -- molded plastic. For nearly $200 after tax and shipping. If we all exercise some discernment with our wallets, these things will drop in price. But if the "have to have it, I deserve it, price and value are irrelevant" state continues, oof. This would have been *HALF* the price just a few years ago new at release, remember that!
ClaraVoyent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 06:15 PM   #35
qz33
Doctor Doom

I started collecting Bishoujo for $40 a piece or less.

Everything on this forum is molded plastic. Even if no one ordered these they wouldn't be half the price. There'd just be less Bishoujo or none at all.
Old 06-09-2023, 04:39 AM   #36
L Deimos
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
I started collecting Bishoujo for $40 a piece or less.

Everything on this forum is molded plastic. Even if no one ordered these they wouldn't be half the price. There'd just be less Bishoujo or none at all.
Not true at all as the same old rules of business apply. The best example I can think of is hasbro's NBA starting 5 line of figures. They were overpriced and weren't selling so Hasbro immediately dropped the price to make a profit. The problem is the consumer refuses to let that happen with most collectible products so prices continue to endlessly inflate. WE CONTROL THE MARKET! Prime 1, XM, Queen Studios, Kotobukiya and even the factories that produce this stuff couldn't overcharge if we didn't allow it with the endless excuses. They would be forced to drop prices to make a profit.
L Deimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:00 AM   #37
kikoken
Shadowhawk

If ur a fan of the old Capcom vs games this is how & why I love Rogue. I love it! Just wish she was holding queen of hearts playing card or gloves off? I presume they ll do a sdcc version (hopefully without the long coat tho).

Would love a Psylocke & storm in their Capcom sprite poses.
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 05:19 AM   #38
kikoken
Shadowhawk

Forgot to attach!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8417.png
Views:	15
Size:	13.6 KB
ID:	162320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8418.png
Views:	17
Size:	22.3 KB
ID:	162321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8420.jpeg
Views:	18
Size:	194.8 KB
ID:	162322  
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 11:16 AM   #39
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikoken View Post
Forgot to attach!
That third pic would actually be a super cool pose for a new Storm bishoujo (provided they color her suit right). I HATE the OG Storm bishoujo, so I really want a new one.
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2023, 02:30 PM   #40
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by L Deimos View Post
Not true at all as the same old rules of business apply. The best example I can think of is hasbro's NBA starting 5 line of figures. They were overpriced and weren't selling so Hasbro immediately dropped the price to make a profit. The problem is the consumer refuses to let that happen with most collectible products so prices continue to endlessly inflate. WE CONTROL THE MARKET! Prime 1, XM, Queen Studios, Kotobukiya and even the factories that produce this stuff couldn't overcharge if we didn't allow it with the endless excuses. They would be forced to drop prices to make a profit.
Yeah it isn't just one side or the other. That Hasbro example is a rare instance. Far more often lines are cancelled and companies move to something else. McFarlane hardly does
toys because there's little profit with production so high.
Trust me if everyone stopped buying the result would not be all the same stuff just cheaper.
Highly doubt Koto ever expected the Bishoujo line to have legs this long.

As for myself I only buy Bishoujo a year or more after release on sale or discount so they aren't getting that price confirmation from me.