Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-15-2021, 04:11 PM   #221
Leland
Frackin!

Got mine preordered this morning!! Super excited.
Leland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 06:47 AM   #222
Mr. Shoosh
Sinister Six

Received notification from SF this morning. Express is $270, economy is $140. This is to FL.
Mr. Shoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 10:24 AM   #223
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintheng View Post
Higher than I expected. But it still sell well with 650. Higher than Magik & Iceman..
I'm so looking forward to Beast. He is now otw to Singapore and it'll arrive within 2 weeks.
Its crazy now how fast they are pumping out statues now, impressed by that. Tho I think Magik is a better statue than Beast, not sure why Magik was a causality of a low ES maybe timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
It doesn't really surprise me. While I don't think it's a particularly good statue, it will probably be the only licensed 1/4 Beast ever made.
Agreed, I don't think it was particularly good, I had high hopes but doesn't work for me. There still a chance for Sideshow to do one, as they did the comiquette. But they take way longer to develop and we never know if/when they just drop it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Received notification from SF this morning. Express is $270, economy is $140. This is to FL.
Thats pretty decent price to FL, I hope that things will slowly start to go down in shipping price again.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 01:03 PM   #224
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shoosh View Post
Got the same exact email this morning. I'm in California where S.F. is located and still got the same for shipping rates on both accounts.
IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:06 PM   #225
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Its crazy now how fast they are pumping out statues now, impressed by that. Tho I think Magik is a better statue than Beast, not sure why Magik was a causality of a low ES maybe timing.
Magik is a good sculpt but I think it’s safe to say more people want a Beast statue in their collection than a Magik statue. He’s just a more essential X-Man.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 02:12 PM   #226
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Got the same exact email this morning. I'm in California where S.F. is located and still got the same for shipping rates on both accounts.
I day one POed and no shipping invoice
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 07:38 AM   #227
austintheng
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyiori View Post
Its crazy now how fast they are pumping out statues now, impressed by that. Tho I think Magik is a better statue than Beast, not sure why Magik was a causality of a low ES maybe timing
Because not a lot of collectors ordered Magik, hence the low ES..

Magik was MTO with max limit of 999, and she was up for PO for at least 6-8 months before it sold out.. It only started getting popular when she started shipping and suddenly, out of the blue, a sudden burst of collectors are trying to get her from aftermarket, seeing the low ES and how the statue turned out, which happens a lot for XM statues in general. People doesn't like to PO until it shipped and until they see the in-hand pics. Too bad for them! They have to wait for Sideshow to release another licensed Magik because I don't think XM is gonna do another Magik in the near future.
austintheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 08:08 AM   #228
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:

Magik was MTO with max limit of 999, and she was up for PO for at least 6-8 months before it sold out.. It only started getting popular when she started shipping and suddenly, out of the blue, a sudden burst of collectors are trying to get her from aftermarket, seeing the low ES and how the statue turned out, which happens a lot for XM statues in general. People doesn't like to PO until it shipped and until they see the in-hand pics. Too bad for them! They have to wait for Sideshow to release another licensed Magik because I don't think XM is gonna do another Magik in the near future.
In fairness though, the production marketing pics for every XM statue is pure garbage. I just don't understand why they never bother to take well lit, production quality images for their very expensive luxury pieces... This is why so many wait until it ships to PO but usually by then, as you said, it's too late.

I've learned the in-hand pics are usually way way better, so if it's a character I love, I'll usually just go ahead with the PO. That still doesn't excuse the horrible quality images XM continues to churn out for their work. Seriously, these pieces are beautiful but the picture quality is so amateurish... It's why you see people pan XM and never order from them, despite the pieces usually being incredible when you get them in hand. It's night and day, compared to the stock images online and I never understood why....
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2021, 09:19 AM   #229
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:

Scorpion, Storm, all the same story for those low ES statues. Sideshow has done 2 different Magik comiquettes and she’s a she, that means T&A, and she’s fairly popular among those that know X-Men beyond the most popular surface level X-Men so it’s not unbelievable sideshow could make her again at some point.

Looking forward to see how this Beast turns out though. And if anybody will like the goggles head in hand.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 01:02 PM   #230
Destroyous
Justice League

650 is higher than I thought. I thought 500 or lower. I’m excited to get a good looking licensed Beast. It’s been far too long of a wait for one of the original core X-Men. Real excited for this one.it’s gonna pair real nice next to the Sideshow Sentinel Hand Wolverine
Destroyous is offline   Reply With Quote