Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 11-13-2009, 08:53 PM   #31
IronLungs31

Yeah you guys are right the 5D Mark II $2699 just for the body!!!

Geez! Oh well we al have to start somewhere.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:27 PM   #32
PowerPee
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I was able to get mine for a little bit below $2500 here in the Philippines. I was also able to play around with the 7D and that is one amazing camera in my humble opinion.

The Mark II is an excellent camera except for the focusing which is slower than my D700 before. The AF points are also old (9 as compared to the cross type 19 points AF system of the new 7D and the 51 AF points of the D700)...

The Full HD more than makes up for the disadvantage in my opinion, that alone is worth it =D

Happy hunting! =D
PowerPee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:20 PM   #33
insomniac
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPee View Post
Hmm my friend has a different view on this. His 24-105 is ok on his 30D but IQ went up when we attached to his Mark II... care to share your theory on your personal findings or maybe this is a case to case basis?
I agree. I have used the 24-105mm on a 30D and a 5D mk2 and I have to say the lens does a fantastic job on both. Usually the only lens that look better on a cropped camera are ones with strong vignetting or barrelling problems.
insomniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:21 PM   #34
insomniac
Loki

Quote:
I was able to get mine for a little bit below $2500 here in the Philippines.
Great price. You also had the bonus of getting the USB 5D mk2 flash drive too. I am really tempted to pick one up on eBay but they are so pricey.
Old 11-14-2009, 01:07 AM   #35
PowerPee

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
Great price. You also had the bonus of getting the USB 5D mk2 flash drive too. I am really tempted to pick one up on eBay but they are so pricey.
Ha ha yes that too... i will try to ask my friend to give me another one if you want just pay for the shipping fee... the japanese edition looks better though =D
Old 11-14-2009, 01:10 AM   #36
insomniac
Loki

Quote:
Ha ha yes that too... i will try to ask my friend to give me another one if you want just pay for the shipping fee... the japanese edition looks better though =D
If you can get one I would gladly pay the shipping fee. I wish probably still try to get a Japanese edition on eBay too.
Old 11-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #37
Upitnik
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac View Post
I agree. I have used the 24-105mm on a 30D and a 5D mk2 and I have to say the lens does a fantastic job on both. Usually the only lens that look better on a cropped camera are ones with strong vignetting or barrelling problems.
My copy of the 24-105L had(on the 5DmkII) strong barelling distortion, strong vignetting and slight CA. Resolution was very good in the centre but poor in the borders. It helped stopping down to f/8. That is common for this lens so I do not think I had a bad copy. On cropped sensors if using a full frame lens you are taking advantage of the sweet spot so its natural to get better results but a full frame camera puts the lens to the test. Maybe this will help understand.

P.S. Sorry Zurb for the off topic
Upitnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:59 AM   #38
PowerPee

Thanks for the info., will relay to my friend... oh yea and sorry for the OT as well... =D
Old 11-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #39
kaza5555
New Republic

What is the expert's opinion on the Canon Rebel EOS T1I? I am no expert and have always been interested in photography for as long as I can remember and would like to take this hobby seriously, but at a beginners to intermediate level. Since the Mark IV is still out of my price range and don't want to wait another year saving money, I might possibly jump on a deal at Costco that brings the price down to $850 after $100 rebate that is similar to the link here on amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Canon-55-250mm...8305249&sr=8-5

Just wanted an expert (or novice) opinion on this camera and deal.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote